Distribution list

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Kynao

Distribution list

Post by Kynao » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:12 am

I've just tried to send an email to a distributon list and it compute for a while then launch many crashed IE windows.
Can't i define my own email software there ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Distribution list

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:14 am

If you are attempting to send an email to a distribution list by using the "New Email to Distribution List" command, then you'll need to have a locally installed email program such as Outlook or Thunderbird. A new email will be created in your default email program. It sounds like you might use web-based email, in which case the "New Email to Distribution List" feature won't work.

Note, this doesn't affect the ability for VueMinder to automatically send email reminders to distribution lists. It's only related to manually creating a new email.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Kynao

Post by Kynao » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:21 am

I'm using thebat and emclient, thebat being the default.
Usually, when an app needs to launch an email, it automatically launch thebat which is logic but apparently it does not work with vueminder.
I will test for the third time now but after the first 2 attemps, it launches many ie crashed windows, computer goes low on resources, unresponsive and i have to reboot.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:39 am

Hi Kynao, thank you for the information. There might be some incompatibility between VueMinder and The Bat. I'll investigate further. Also, please make sure Windows is configured to use The Bat as the default email program:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... il-program
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Kynao

Post by Kynao » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:53 am

I followed your indications, same problem.
I will reboot and try with emclient as default email program

Kynao

Post by Kynao » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Same problem with emclient but apparently something went wrong on my computer as i have the problem with a basic test, ie a simple mailto:, example here http://www.thelin.net/laurent/labo/html/mailto.html so it's a problem on my computer and not vueminder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:39 pm

Thank you for the information. VueMinder also uses the simple "mailto" method for initiating a new email. I'm not sure what would cause that to break in Windows, but it does sound like it's not a VueMinder bug. If you figure out what is causing the problem, please let me know so I can file this information in case anyone else ever encounters the same problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder