How to change which Google Calendar to sync with

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
jimindt

How to change which Google Calendar to sync with

Post by jimindt » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:11 pm

I've turned Sync-ing off and then on again. I'v e looked at what seems like every setting imaginable and can't seem to locate any setting where I tell it which gmail address to use.

I've got a completely useless gmail calendar and I'd like to start fresh with a new one.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: How to change which Google Calendar to sync with

Post by VueSoft » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:12 pm

Hi jimindt, VueMinder syncs with a single Google account. By default, the first time syncing is commanded, VueMinder will use whichever Google account was most recently logged into your web browser.

To use a different account, click the "Use a different Google account" button located in the upper-left corner of the "Add Google Calendar" window, accessed via the File menu. A window will appear with instructions. Follow those instructions and then click the OK button after logging into the correct Google account in your web browser.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

jimindt

Post by jimindt » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:47 am

Here's what I've done.
I've got the gmail account open.
I Clicked on "Use a Different Account"
Result: I get a pop up which asks to allow things to occur. I agree.
However the resulting screen which says "Received verification code. Closing... " never closes.

If I click on Sync Now I get a message which never goes away which says "Syncing You should see......" etc etc. And nothing syncs. And that message also just hangs and doesn't go away.

Questions:
Should the email address of the gmail account show in the "My Google Calendars" box?
Another calendar also shows in the My Google Calendar box. I don't recall adding it, but should all of my calendars appear there? I've got calendars for Family stuff, business stuff, Birthdays, Some calendars I've subscribed to, etc.

I still think you've got a terrific product. Far better than what I was using before.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:24 am

Hi jimindt, if your calendar contains a large number of events the initial sync might take a few minutes to complete and the status might appear to hang while the sync is in progress. It should eventually finish syncing if you give it enough time. Subsequent syncing will be almost instantaneous, it's just the first one that takes a while because there's a lot of data to move and Google puts a cap on the bandwidth.

Since I'm not sure what the status of your calendar is, and it sounds like you might have killed the VueMinder process before syncing could complete, please try the instructions in the "My calendars aren't syncing with Google Calendar" section of the FAQ linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/FAQ-Troubleshooting.aspx
Should the email address of the gmail account show in the "My Google Calendars" box?
Not necessarily. By default, the "main" calendar for your Google account will be the same as your Google account email address. However, you can enter a different name for the calendar on the Google Calendar webpage, in which case that name would appear in the calendar list in VueMinder's "Add Google Calendar" window, rather than your account name.
Another calendar also shows in the My Google Calendar box. I don't recall adding it, but should all of my calendars appear there? I've got calendars for Family stuff, business stuff, Birthdays, Some calendars I've subscribed to, etc.
The calendars you see in the "Add Google Calendar" window should match exactly the calendars listed on the Google Calendar webpage. If you use multiple Google account, you can share the calendars of one account with the account you intend to use for syncing with VueMinder. When logged into the other account in your web browser, click the drop-down arrow next to the calendar name(s) you want to share, and click "Share this calendar".

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you're still unable to get it to work.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA