Unadjustable snooze

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
SimonH

Unadjustable snooze

Post by SimonH » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:13 am

I have a task set to pop up a desktop alert, which it does. It offers me the option of snoozing (bottom right hotlink) and if I click that I get a popup saying to select OK to snooze for 12 hours (my last settting) or cancel to pick another snooze time. But I don't get the option to select a different snooze time. It is 12 hours or nothing.

Previously, I got this and it was 15 minutes or nothing. I thought that was a default so didn't think much of it, but a later popup let me pick a snooze time and I selected 12 hours...

So, there are two issues here: firstly, I can't change the snooze time from the alert box.

Secondly, if I select a snooze time for one alert it seems to affecet subsequent ones. I would expect there to be some default snooze time (probably set when the task/event is created) and for that to be what is offered. Only if that particular event/task is snoozed should the new snooze time be offered next time, and only for that event/task.

SimonH

Re: Unadjustable snooze

Post by SimonH » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:43 pm

This seems to affect only desktop alerts (that is, not the popup reminder). I've attached an example alert which shows the 12 hour snooze setting. Clicking that doesn't give me the option to change the snooze time, and now I appear to be stuck with 12 hours!

So, a supplementary question: how do I get alert snoozes back to 15 minutes?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi Simon, please click the drop-down arrow in the upper-right corner of the desktop alert. You should see a menu with options for selecting a different snooze length.

The documentation linked below should help:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... alert.html

Please let me know if the menu isn't appearing or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

SimonH

Post by SimonH » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:02 am

Duh! Sorry for getting this so badly wrong. :oops:

I completely ignored that as being the minimise button, as it is with every other window on my desktop, and expected the snooze option to be accessible in the same way as with the popup dialog. I'll check the documentation if there is a next time...