Formatting recurring events

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Marie

Formatting recurring events

Post by Marie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:12 am

How can I have annual repeating events as 45th or 32nd rather than #45 in Vueminder Ultimate 11

Marie

Re: Formatting recurring events

Post by Marie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:57 am

There are a couple other questions. How do I turn off tool tips in version 11? I thought I could from the view menu but they keep popping up so bad I cannot even get to the top menu. Also, the calendar view in print preview fits everything but the text is jagged similar to a bitmap graphic. Can I adjust the calendar screen to look like the print preview? This way I know what to work on to make things fit. Also, I imported a backup that had calibri in the events but everything imported to Arial. Is there anyway to get around this? That is, import but make the font what it was in the backup.

Marie

Post by Marie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:04 am

I think I got rid of the awful popup tool tips, by exiting the program then restarting. At least I hope so! But now, some of the events say USA in the print preview and I don't want them to. I already know everyone is in the US.

Marie

Post by Marie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:26 am

No I didn't. Popup Tool Tips are back and I can't even get to the top menu!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:16 pm

How can I have annual repeating events as 45th or 32nd rather than #45 in Vueminder Ultimate 11
In the Calendar Options (accessed via the Options menu), select the desired format from the "Occurrence numbering" drop-down list.
There are a couple other questions. How do I turn off tool tips in version 11? I thought I could from the view menu but they keep popping up so bad I cannot even get to the top menu.
Tooltips should only appear when hovering the mouse over an event or task for several seconds. Moving the mouse outside of the tooltip should result in the tooltip being hidden. At least, that's how it works on all the computers I use for testing. I'm not sure why you're seeing different behavior. In any case, you can disable tooltips by unchecking the "Show Tooltips" option on the View menu or by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+O keyboard shortcut.
The calendar view in print preview fits everything but the text is jagged similar to a bitmap graphic
This is because the Calendar View print layout is basically a bitmap copy of what you see on the screen. The text will be anti-aliased when resized and might appear slightly fuzzy. You could use one of the other print layout styles if this is a problem. Better yet, you could use PrintableCal, which can import data from VueMinder and provides a lot more flexibility in how calendar templates are printed.
Some of the events say USA in the print preview and I don't want them to
This is most likely coming from a calendar subscription or some other calendar external to VueMinder. There's nothing in VueMinder that will add USA to the title of events unless that text is entered by the user or defined in an external calendar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Marie

Post by Marie » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:07 am

I found the Occurrence numbering, and now have 1st, 2nd, etc. Very glad to get that! But a little difficult to find without asking.

I found a good way to make what is on screen match the print preview. I run with 1582x854 resolution and choose 4 week display. Then I move the bar between the main calendar and the left side of the calendar until what I see matches the print preview. Works perfect!

The "USA" appears when I open an event that I have made. Under "description" at the top is Title, Location, Calendar, etc. The location has 3 dots and a down arrow. The down arrow apparently selects a location. The 3 dots bring up a location editor. This same editor comes up when I click on tools/locations. The locations have a box that is checked. When I unchecked the one that said USA, the events with that disappeared and not sure how to get them back. Fortunately I am using this on a virtual Windows 10, so I can just do over.

What is so strange, the location is BBC America, BBC One, All major networks, DVD/Blu-ray, etc. So I am thinking USA is referring to the television chanel. But what would they be doing in location? I don't have any other calendars, just the one I made.

I did discover that if I clicked on "locations" just under categories - category - priority - locations (middle left of screen), there is a second "location" directly under. If I right click on that a menu comes up offering a delete option. This seems to work, but the ABC, DVD, BBC, etc. are still there right under the second "locations" and all are checked. Should it be like this?

I finally got rid of the tool tips by a do-over, deleted the backup and restored it again. I tried to turn tool tips on just now and they work like they should. Before, the popup was appearing instantly and it always said the same thing. Something like, Press F5 (and there were several more entries) and it was in bold. Maybe it is a glitch in the beta of Windows 10 and maybe a side effect of virtual (vmware workstation).

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:34 am

The locations have a box that is checked. When I unchecked the one that said USA, the events with that disappeared and not sure how to get them back.
The checkboxes are used to filter which events are displayed. When you unchecked "USA", any events associated with that location (or channel number, as the case may be), were hidden. To make the events reappear, check the box for the USA location. Please see the "Filtering Calendar Items" section of the documentation linked below.
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... rlist.html
What is so strange, the location is BBC America, BBC One, All major networks, DVD/Blu-ray, etc. So I am thinking USA is referring to the television chanel. But what would they be doing in location? I don't have any other calendars, just the one I made.
You can put whatever you'd like in the Location field. It sounds like you entered USA as the location. I don't know why. If you don't want an event to have a location, then delete the text in the location field.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Marie

Post by Marie » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:15 am

I figured it out, all is good now. I don't know how on earth the locations got in there, when I tried to delete them before the events vanished. Then I made a new default calendar, and restored my backup. The events did not have the locations so that let me delete the entire list of them all. Life is good :)