Unable to Connect

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
emwrlw

Unable to Connect

Post by emwrlw » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:59 pm

Prior to the latest update I had no issues running and syncing VMPro. Now, my Surface running Windows 8 will not connect and I receive this error: A problem occurred while attempting to connect to the server: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.

I went through the set up again, verified the host name in MySQL, turned off Windows Firewall for both public and private on both the host PC and the Surface, made sure the 3 boxes were checked and TCP was listed on the Advanced tab, restarted both computers... I also tested the connection from the HOST computer and it said the connection was fine. However, when I click to reconnect from the Surface, I get that error again.

HELP!!! Any suggestions?

TIA,
Erica

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Unable to Connect

Post by VueSoft » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:33 am

Hi Erica, welcome to the forums. It sounds like you've already tried most of the things I would have suggested. It's odd that it was working and then stopped.

Here are some additional things that might fix it...
  • Reboot the computer where MySQL Server is running. Also reboot your Surface.
  • If rebooting doesn't fix it, re-enter the username and password in the Sharing Options of VueMinder. Click the "Test Connection" button to see if that fixes it.
  • If re-entering your username/password doesn't fix it, there might be something wrong with the MySQL Server installation. Use the Control Panel to uninstall MySQL Server and then reinstall the latest version. You'll need to re-enable sharing of your calendars because re-installing the server will wipe out the database. All the data is stored on each local computer, so there's no chance of losing any data. You'll just need to re-enable sharing so the database will get repopulated.
Please let me know if you try those suggestions but still can't connect.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

emwrlw

Re: Unable to Connect

Post by emwrlw » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:29 am

Uninstalling MySQL and reinstalling seem to work. Both computers said they connected. The test will come when I have to add a new event. Thanks for your speedy response and help!