'Good to know' calendar has become the default one

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
AUserInEssex

'Good to know' calendar has become the default one

Post by AUserInEssex » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:35 pm

That calendar - the 'good to know' one, which contains various holidays etc. - is now the one that, by default, my new appointments go under. I want to restore my normal calendar to being the default one - and I can't see how to. Could someone please advise? Thank you.

PS: I've searched the FAQ and similar resources but I can't find the answer.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: 'Good to know' calendar has become the default one

Post by VueSoft » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:01 pm

If you're using version 10.0 or later, you should see a "Default calendar" field below the calendar list. You can pick the desired default calendar from the drop-down. See the page linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/blog/post/what ... provements
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

AUserInEssex

Post by AUserInEssex » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:24 pm

Marvellous. All sorted. Thank you.

Still, there is just one tiny thing. It's this. Within a create-new-event window, the dropbox for calendar selection does not, initally, show both my calendars. I've illustrated this in the attached screenshot. Only upon scrolling down am I reminded that there's another calendar.

I've got Vueminder Pro 11.2.3. Thanks again.

PS: One even smaller thing. On my 'About' page it says, 'You can receive free product updates and priority support for life.' This rather suggests that it is possible for me to bring about that state of affairs, whereas what is meant, I think, is that that state of affairs obtains already. See what I mean?
Attachments
Partial screenshot.png
Partial screenshot.png (38.14 KiB) Viewed 5711 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:43 pm

Within a create-new-event window, the dropbox for calendar selection does not, initally, show both my calendars. I've illustrated this in the attached screenshot. Only upon scrolling down am I reminded that there's another calendar.
I have this on my list of things to fix. It should be corrected in the next major release.
PS: One even smaller thing. On my 'About' page it says, 'You can receive free product updates and priority support for life.' This rather suggests that it is possible for me to bring about that state of affairs, whereas what is meant, I think, is that that state of affairs obtains already. See what I mean?
I'm not sure I follow. Maybe it would be clearer if the text read "You're eligible to receive free product updates and priority support for life", but I think the current text gets the point across.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

AUserInEssex

Post by AUserInEssex » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:11 pm

I have this on my list of things to fix. It should be corrected in the next major release.
Great!
I'm not sure I follow. Maybe it would be clearer if the text read "You're eligible to receive free product updates and priority support for life", but I think the current text gets the point across.
The problem is that the present text gives on to think that, if one wanted, one can sign up for those updates. How about having, instead, something like:

Code: Select all

License:
Free product updates and priority support for life
which would fit nicely with some of the rest of the window.

No need to reply!
PS: This forum has a nice look. I wish all the forums I used looked like this!