Recurring event End By issue with Google

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
llischer

Recurring event End By issue with Google

Post by llischer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:48 am

Hi,
I'm new to VueMinder, and so far I love it! Lots of functionality for those of us who are detail-oriented!
I'm running VueMinder 11.2.3, and the issue I encountered is this:
I set up a recurring event to repeat weekly, starting on 10.9.14 and with the End By field set to 10.30.14.
In VueMinder, the calendar showed the event on 10.9.14, 10.16.14, 10.23.14, and 10.30.14. This is what I wanted and expected.
However, when synced with Google, the events on Google only showed up on 10.9.14, 10.16.14, and 10.23.14. (No event on 10.30.14).
So does VueMinder and Google differ as to what End By means? I thought it meant the last date of the recurrence, but please let me know if it means something different. As a work-around, I set the End By date to 10.31.14; then it showed up on 10.30.14 in both VueMinder and Google.
Thanks,
Linda

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Recurring event End By issue with Google

Post by VueSoft » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:08 pm

Hi llischer, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback. I've attempted to duplicate the problem you're seeing, using exactly the same dates and recurrence settings. For whatever reason, I'm not seeing the problem. Could you double-check the time zone in Windows is consistent with the time zone on Google Calendar? Maybe a DST difference is triggering the series to end an hour earlier than it was supposed to, so it doesn't appear in Google Calendar. Other than that, I can't think of any explanation. I'll continue to try duplicating the problem. In the meantime, you could continue using the workaround you've found, or use the N occurrences option to end the series instead of a specific date.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

llischer

Re: Recurring event End By issue with Google

Post by llischer » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:46 pm

Thanks Dan. I checked the Windows time zone, and it was set to Eastern (GMT +5), same as Google. But then I tried to recreate the problem and couldn't. So, I'm not sure what's happening but I guess it's not too big of a deal. --Linda