Linux

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
simona70

Linux

Post by simona70 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:37 am

I am installing fedora 20 and I ask if there is a way to run vueminder under Linux. There is a way?
Simona Pisano

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Linux

Post by VueSoft » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi simona, VueMinder requires the Microsoft .NET Framework, so it won't run directly on Linux. You could install VMware or another virtualization application and run Windows within Linux.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

simona70

Post by simona70 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:12 am

I tryed use wine. I have this error:

VueMinder 9.1.0 (Registered - Missing Update Protection)

Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
mscorlib
at System.Convert.ToInt32(Double value)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinSchedule.UltraMonthViewMultiBase.MetricInfo.GetTextUIElementAdjustment(Font font, Graphics g)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinSchedule.UltraMonthViewMultiBase.MetricInfo.UpdateSizeCache()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinSchedule.UltraMonthViewMultiBase.get_MonthDimensionsResolved()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinSchedule.UltraMonthViewMulti.MetricsChanged()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinSchedule.UltraMonthViewMulti.OnCalendarInfoAttach(UltraCalendarInfo newInfo, UltraCalendarInfo oldInfo)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinSchedule.UltraScheduleControlBase.get_CalendarInfo()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinSchedule.UltraMonthViewMultiBase.MetricInfo.UpdateSizeCache()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinSchedule.UltraMonthViewMultiBase.get_MonthDimensionsResolved()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinSchedule.UltraMonthViewMulti.MetricsChanged()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinSchedule.UltraMonthViewMulti.set_BorderStyle(UIElementBorderStyle value)
at Vuesoft.Applications.Vueminder.ControlYearView.InitializeComponent()
at Vuesoft.Applications.Vueminder.ControlYearView..ctor()
at Vuesoft.Applications.Vueminder.FormYearView.InitializeComponent()
at Vuesoft.Applications.Vueminder.FormYearView..ctor()
at Vuesoft.Applications.Vueminder.FormMain..ctor(FormWindowState windowState)
Simona Pisano

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:30 pm

I don't know - I've never tried running VueMinder in Wine on Linux so it's not officially supported. It appears you're using a really old version of VueMinder (9.1.0). The latest is 11.2.3. Maybe using the latest version would work better, but no promises.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

simona70

Post by simona70 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:54 am

I have installer when I registered vieminder. Can I donwload a more updated installer? I have lifetime update for vueminder.
Simona Pisano

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:58 am

Hi Simona, I've sent you an email with a link to download your license for the latest version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

simona70

Post by simona70 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:59 pm

Thanks. Received and downloaded. Same problem but thanks for try.
Simona Pisano

simona70

Post by simona70 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:25 am

Update on the situation: I was able to install under wine VueMinder installing some libraries more or less at random. The current problems I still have are related to the display of accented characters, updating Google calendar (by an error just entering the setup window of the calendar to google calendar) and more severe does not save the settings. Going to save a backup at hand tells me that there is no function in shell32.dll.

Now I would be useful (and I believe that my work could also serve other users) to know which system libraries are used by the executable of VueMinder precise. Stuff like .Net 4.0 or DirectX or simply shell32.dll.

Thanks for the great program, greetings. On Linux there is nothing so sophisticated and comprehensive as VueMinder. I'm not saying it would be useful to have a porting (would be useful), but at least be able to run under wine would not be a useless resource for the design of present and future development.
Simona Pisano

simona70

Post by simona70 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:57 am

I have a problem. I installed VueMinder on win7 and points to a folder ntfs ok. Then I installed VueMinder on Linux with Wine and pointing to the same folder where fishing ntfs from the other installation. I would expect to save on installation appointments and find them on the other sharing the data folder, and is not so. What is the problem?
Simona Pisano

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:16 pm

Hi Simona, VueMinder only loads its data file when it first starts. The data file is constantly saved. If you are attempting to use the same data folder to sync data between multiple computers that are running VueMinder simultaneously, it won't work - regardless of whether you're using Windows or Wine.

Syncing data between computers can be accomplished by using MySQL Server. See the page linked below for instructions.
http://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php
Dan Chartrand, Founder