Problem transferring data from an install to another

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
simona70

Problem transferring data from an install to another

Post by simona70 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:53 am

As my bad luck is boundless, after smoking the main board of my main pc SimonaPc1, 1 day after, I was also smoked the main board of my pc backup SimonaPc2. So I have no problems to pass my VueMinder data from the first to the second installation (I was in fact the problem upgrading to Google Calendar) but to a third PC. On this pc I installed the latest version of VueMinder. I then imported (restore) the backup done in the backup folder on the old installation. But it gives me an error when I go to import categories. The procedure itself is not much detailing what the problem is. Among the other categories remain among the items ("Friend", etc..) That I do not want that and they do not disappear even delete them. Me deletes but the next reboot of VueMinder stubbornly reappear.
Simona Pisano

simona70

Re: Problem transferring data from an install to another

Post by simona70 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:24 am

I am desperate. I have purchased also USB version hoping it was more portable but importing my calendar data it say error importing category. Please help me. My main pc is died, my second pc is died, this is third pc pc but now I have only thing (xp sp3) and also if it is a windows installation problem can you help me solve the problem?
Simona Pisano

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:21 pm

Hi simona, it sounds like your data file might have been partially corrupted as a result of the hardware failure. Could you send your most recent backup file to support@vueminder.com? I'll see if I can find where the problem is in the file, and hopefully fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

simona70

Post by simona70 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:52 am

I can send you but it is an install problem related. Years ago we have altready done this test. The true question is if there is a way to discover what in this Windows XP SP3 installation prevent correct loading of category (the error message is too generic...)? This could also help you to prevent other random error around the world.
Simona Pisano