Annoying Start Time and Duration Defaults

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
charless

Annoying Start Time and Duration Defaults

Post by charless » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:08 pm

I am a huge fan of VueMinder Pro - I've recommended it to colleagues many times. But there are two small issues that annoy me every day: The Start Time and Duration drop down menus. I've added my comments to the screen shot captions below.
The Start Time drop down box starts with 3am, then the next row is 4am, then the next is 5am, etc. But I never have appointments at these times. But If I need to make a 4:30pm appointment I need to scroll down. Instead, can we move the choices up and have 7am be the first row so that I never need to scroll in this box?
The Start Time drop down box starts with 3am, then the next row is 4am, then the next is 5am, etc. But I never have appointments at these times. But If I need to make a 4:30pm appointment I need to scroll down. Instead, can we move the choices up and have 7am be the first row so that I never need to scroll in this box?
VueMinder Start Time.png (61.58 KiB) Viewed 3967 times
The Duration drop down box has almost the same issue. The shortest duration that appears is 35 minutes, and the longest is 4 weeks. But I often want to select 15 minutes or 30 minutes and have to scroll to do this. And I've never selected 2, 3 or 4 weeks. Instead, can you have 5 minutes at the top and 4 days at the bottom? - this would be much better for most people.
The Duration drop down box has almost the same issue. The shortest duration that appears is 35 minutes, and the longest is 4 weeks. But I often want to select 15 minutes or 30 minutes and have to scroll to do this. And I've never selected 2, 3 or 4 weeks. Instead, can you have 5 minutes at the top and 4 days at the bottom? - this would be much better for most people.
VueMinder Duration.png (15.47 KiB) Viewed 3967 times
Thanks for listening!

-Charles

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Annoying Start Time and Duration Defaults

Post by VueSoft » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:25 pm

Hi Charles, thank you for the feedback. I've improved the next version to not show as many earlier time slots when the currently specified time is in the morning and the drop-down is clicked. This will eliminate the need to scroll for picking times later in the afternoon. In the meantime, please be aware that you don't need to use the drop-down. You can type a value, such as "4pm" in the start or end time text box.

I've also improved the drop-down duration list to not require any scrolling (at least on monitors with larger resolutions). I'll consider removing some of the items from the drop-down list, or adding an advanced option to allow you to choose which duration values should be listed. As with the time input field, you can also type a duration value instead of selecting from the drop-down.

I'll post a reply when the next version is available to download. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

charless

Post by charless » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:13 pm

Thanks Dan! Those fixes sound great.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:21 am

Hi Charles, v11.2.4 has been released and contains the corrections mentioned above. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu in VueMinder.

Thanks again for the feedback. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA