Drag/Drop events between calendars, outlook style

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
luc

Drag/Drop events between calendars, outlook style

Post by luc » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:01 am

Hi there,

In outlook 2013 you can have multiple calendars side by side and drag/drop events from one to the other.

That is very useful for me in planning my lecture for different classes who have a similar curriculum, but different dates.

Is something like this possible in VueMinder?

Regards

Luc

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Drag/Drop events between calendars, outlook style

Post by VueSoft » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:37 am

Hi Luc, welcome to the forums. VueMinder can display calendars side-by-side (in the Month view), similar to Outlook. Click the settings button in the upper-right corner and uncheck the "View in Overlay Mode" option. Next, click the settings button again and select the desired number of visible calendars using the "Maximum Calendars in View" option.

Unfortunately, events can't be dragged from one calendar to the other. However, you can right-click an event and select the desired calendar from the "Assign to Calendar" submenu. I think that might actually be easier than dragging.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

luc

Post by luc » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:05 am

Thank you for your quick reply.
However, dragging and dropping would be easier, since it preservers the original calendar as I got used to with outlook.
I'll use a workaround by saving the original calendar and importing it as a "new" one it will do the trick to.

Regards

Luc Orbons

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:59 am

If you want to keep the event in the original calendar and also have it in the other calendar, you could copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V).
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA