The problem with the Cyrillic

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Ramiga

The problem with the Cyrillic

Post by Ramiga » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:44 am

After the last update programm has stopped supporting Cyrillic. All text is displayed as question marks.
problem.png
problem.png (98.46 KiB) Viewed 3493 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: The problem with the Cyrillic

Post by VueSoft » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi Ramiga, thank you for the feedback. Is your calendar synced with anything external? VueMinder should still support Cyrillic (at least in my testing). If you sync with Google Calendar, maybe something changed in the latest Google Calendar API that caused Cyrillic text to appear as question marks in VueMinder. I'm not sure what else changed that would explain the problem.

Please let me know if you sync your calendar with something external, so I can focus my investigation on what might have changed to cause the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Ramiga

Post by Ramiga » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:18 pm

One of several calendars is being synced with share server. Server works on the virtual machine. Could this affect?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:42 pm

Hi Ramiga, thank you for the information. Unfortunately, I've been unable to duplicate the problem when sharing calendars through the server (both on a real machine and on virtual machine). Cyrillic characters in the event titles, locations, and descriptions all appear to sync between computers without any problem - at least in my testing.
:?

I'll continue to try to find what might have caused the problem and will let you know if I figure it out.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA