MySQL Issue

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
centuryx476

MySQL Issue

Post by centuryx476 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:33 am

I have installed mysql version 5.6.16 for another program that I use.
I have installed the latest version of vueminder which uses mySQL.

I do now know how to link mySQL to vueminder now. The instructions on the website cant help me because that is if you do not have mysql installed.

When I test the connection I get this error

"Table vueminder.transactions doesn't exist"

I created a new schema in mysql and called it vuetest and assigned a user with full access to the schema and I am using that username in vueminder.

Is there anyway t create a step by step tutorial for people who already have mysql installed and configured.

Thank you

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: MySQL Issue

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi centuryx476, welcome to the forums. I'll update the instructions for people that already have MySQL Server installed.

It appears there's a bug in the Sharing Options which results in the error message you're seeing. This bug will be fixed in the next version.

In the meantime, you should be able to work around the error by clicking the OK button on the Options window, and then re-open the Sharing Options. If the "Test Connection" button works after re-opening the Sharing Options, then you should be good to go. You can pick up at step 3.7 of the instructions linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

centuryx476

Post by centuryx476 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:02 pm

That worked perfectly.

Thank you very much sir.

I liked how vueminder created the Schema table for me in mySQL.
I was worried that it will mix in with the other schema I have and destroy the program that is using it.

So just to be clear, Vueminder will only use that schema and no other?

Last question: Now that I have the sharing working for my internal network, how can one setup for it to be shared through the interet? Or is that changed from how it used to be

Thanks Again

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi centuryx476, VueMinder will only use the database schema it created. All other schemas on your server will be unaffected.

As for sharing over the internet, you could open your router or firewall settings to allow external network access to your server's IP address, and enter that IP address in the Sharing Options of VueMinder installations that are outside your local network.

Another option would be to configure VueMinder to sync your locally shared calendar with Google Calendar. This can be done via the Sync tab of the Calendar Properties. You can then use the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu of other computers that are outside your local network. If using different Google accounts, you can share your calendar with other accounts via the Google Calendar webpage. Click the drop-down arrow next to the calendar's name and select "Share this calendar".

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

centuryx476

Post by centuryx476 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:12 am

And just to make sure the port I open up on the router is Port 3306 or is their any other port I need to open?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:05 am

Port 3306 should be the only port required.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

centuryx476

Post by centuryx476 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:46 pm

Thank you very much,

Problem solved.

You can close out this thread, Im going to open another because it is a totally different issue