Create New Event

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
wohmlh

Create New Event

Post by wohmlh » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:48 pm

On 8.1, when I try to create a new event, instead of the form for entering the information, I get a FULL screen. The top 20% of the screen is white, the bottom 80% is grey and there is a black line between the two that has the "Description", "Reminder", Recurrence", etc labels. I have uninstalled and re-installed Vueminder Pro twice and still does the same thing. Thanks. Add'l info: I found out if I leave it like that for 6 to 10 minutes, the New Event form does appear. Also, (1) if I attempt to delete an entry, it takes 2 to 3 minutes for the deletion to occur. (2) If I pull the Help tab down and select About Vueminder Pro, it also takes 2 to 3 or 4 minutes to close. Seems everything is happening as hoped but it all takes a very long time.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Create New Event

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:07 am

Hi wohmlh, it sounds like an installation problem. I'm not sure why uninstalling and re-installing didn't fix it.

If this just recently started happening, then it's possible something is wrong with your data file. You can use the utility linked below to completely reset the data.
http://www.vueminder.com/download/ResetData.zip

After resetting the data and restarting VueMinder, use the “Restore Data” command on the File menu to restore from a backup that was generated before the problem started.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

wohmlh

Re: Create New Event

Post by wohmlh » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:07 pm

Dan, you are a genius. It worked....thanks. I have been a user of VueMinder for a long time. I have had several occasions to ask for assistance. EVERYTIME, your help was timely and helpful. Every problem has always been resolved with haste. I noticed you responded to my question at almost midnight Saturday night. That is customer service and shows your concern for your customers. I wish there was a way to get other providers to treat their customers as do you. I think I am going to have to add you to my Christmas card list. Again, great service and thank you very much. Your friend and customer forever.