Icon has disappeared from the notification area

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ptoye

Icon has disappeared from the notification area

Post by ptoye » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:37 am

The Vueminder Lite icon has disappeared from the notification area. Until yesterday it was hidden, but appeared when the double up-arrow icon was clicked to show all hidden icons. Yesterday sometime it disappeared. The program still appears in Process Explorer and it's reminding me about events, so I assume it's running OK. But I can't click on the icon to bring it up to enter new events.

I've tried customising the notification area to always show the icon, bt this hasn't made any difference (it might need a reboot for that though).

The OS is Windows 7 Home.

It's possible that it's connected with Wednesday's Windows Update.
Peter

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Icon has disappeared from the notification area

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi Peter, does rebooting solve the problem?

If not, click the arrow in the task tray and select "Customize" again. Scroll down until you find a VueMinder entry in the list and change the notification type to "Show icon and notifications". There might be multiple entries named VueMinder, so do this for each one in the list.

See the page linked below for more detailed instructions:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... narea.html

Please let me know if that doesn't solve the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

ptoye

Re: Icon has disappeared from the notification area

Post by ptoye » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:27 am

Well, before reading your post (I think I'm in a different time zone from yourself) I'd tried switching notifications off and on again. After a reboot or two it now seems to be back where it should be.

Just one of those Windows happenings. But how it happened I've no idea - I certainly hadn't changed the notification area parameters at all. Let's blame Microsoft - they're big enough to take it :!:
Peter