Google Calendar Confusion - Multi or not?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Techdoode

Google Calendar Confusion - Multi or not?

Post by Techdoode » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:33 pm

VueMinder Pro v11.2.0

The documentation seems to contradict the program with regard to multiple Google accounts.

The documentation states, "A drop-down list in the upper-left corner allows adding calendars that belong to any number of different Google Calendar accounts."

However, if you try this the program warns, "VueMinder syncs with one Google account. Be aware, if you have..." I'll let you read the rest on the screen shot.

So, it seems you can add multiple accounts, but only sync with one? Or does it mean you can't actually add multiple accounts at all. I would try myself except the warning gives me pause.

Nick
Attachments
What the program warning says...
What the program warning says...
ProgramOnMultiGoogleAccounts.jpg (174.09 KiB) Viewed 3157 times
What the documentation says...
What the documentation says...
DocsOnMultiGoogleAccounts.jpg (126.71 KiB) Viewed 3157 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Google Calendar Confusion - Multi or not?

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:32 pm

Hi Techdoode, the user-documentation is a bit out of date and needs to be updated. Google has recently made some changes to their API which makes syncing with multiple user accounts extremely difficult and error-prone. In order for VueMinder to use the latest Google Calendar API, the ability to sync with multiple accounts had to be removed.

There is a simple workaround:

1. On the Google Calendar webpage, log into the account that is not synced with VueMinder.

2. Click the drop-down arrow next to the calendar you want to add to VueMinder and select "Share this calendar" from the drop-down.

3. Type in the account name that VueMinder has been configured to sync with, and make sure the permissions are set to allow making changes to the calendar if necessary.

4. In VueMinder, click the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu. You'll see the other account's calendar listed, which can then be synced with VueMinder.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Techdoode

Re: Google Calendar Confusion - Multi or not?

Post by Techdoode » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:07 am

Don't you just love it when API's you depend on change in ways that break your code? :roll:

The frustrations of software development! Oh, well. We move on. :)

Thank you for the workaround!

Best regards,

Nick