Vueminder Pro not syncing with new Google calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
steve@dunik.com

Re: Vueminder Pro not syncing with new Google calendar

Post by steve@dunik.com » Fri May 16, 2014 7:15 am

Well, after doing a lot of tests, I accidentally wandered into a setting on the Google side and noticed under general calendar settings that there was no checkmark beside the VueMinder entry. Not sure why this wasn't set or how it got removed, but once checked everything seemed back to normal again!

zvrk159

Post by zvrk159 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:31 am

Hello Steve,
I have the same problem with sync to Google calendar.
Please if you can explain in more detail what setup you changed.

Thank you in advance for your response.

BR,
Marin

gdanx

Post by gdanx » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:52 pm

For me, the only working way to have a working Google calendar sync was to install old version 10.1.7 (found via google) and add my Google calendar to it. All events appeared in Vueminder and all worked fine. Then I have updated it to the latest version. Sync keeps working fine.

I was not able to get Google sync working with fresh install of version 11.1.1. All looked fine, calendars listed in Vueminder, but the sync never worked.

Pastafarian

Post by Pastafarian » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:57 am

Hi bravotango, Steve, Dan and all the others,

I ran into the same problem today when I tried to convince vueminder to sync with a different google account. What I found is that my firewall was somehow blocking the authorization process (where you allow Vueminder to access the calendars), not the synchronization itself. It seems that the new authorization procedure requires an incoming connection. Interestingly neither google nor Vueminder show any error message about it, but instead claim that it worked fine. Vueminder even receives a token (stored in AppData) and google lists Vueminder as authorized app. I cannot say what goes wrong. However, when I disable the firewall during authorization, the sync works afterwards. I've tested this a few times.

Cheers,
Alex

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:49 am

Hi Alex, thanks for the information. Hopefully this will help other people that encounter the same problem. I'll update the FAQ to mention checking the firewall settings prior to configuring VueMinder to sync with Google Calendar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

pictoys

Post by pictoys » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:28 am

also not working for me. the calenders show up but don't sync the events. disabled firewall but nothing seems to help... any chance to try with the version 10? i couldn't find it via google
thanks

sebastian

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:52 am

Hi Sebastian, I'm not sure it will help (and many corrections have been made since v10), but you can download v10 using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMi ... 10.1.9.exe

You'll need to uninstall v11 before you can install v10.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

pictoys

Post by pictoys » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:36 am

thanks! that worked! the part where you get the code from google calender to acess didnt work in v11 for me. ive installed v10 now and updated to 11. works perfect!
i've been looking for a long time for a good calender like this on windows. :)

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi Sebastian, did you check to make sure KB2468871 is installed (if you're using Windows 7 or earlier)? Also, I'm not sure if it will help, but the VueMinder 11.2.3 was just released today and has been updated to use the latest Google Calendar and Google OAuth2.0 APIs, which might fix the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder