Sharing calendar local and Google

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
damu71

Sharing calendar local and Google

Post by damu71 » Fri May 09, 2014 3:28 am

Hi,
my problem with new (11.1.1)pro version: at previous versions it was possible to share events of the same calendar in local network and to a Google calendar at the same time. Now you can share events only local or only in Google.
Do you have any solution?

dewey

Re: Sharing calendar local and Google

Post by dewey » Fri May 09, 2014 11:07 am

I have a similar problem since upgrading to 11.1.1
I use the calendar on a destop PC using Win 7 (A) where I installed the new My SQL program and on a laptop using Win 7(B) that is also connected to A via a wireless network. I also sync it to Calengoo on my iPhone .
I have found that:
When I make an entry on Calengoo on my iPhone it will sync with B but not A
When I make an entry on A it will show up on Calengoo on iPhone , but not on B
When I make an entry on B it will show up on Calengoo on iPhone, but not on A.

When I hit "test connection" on both A and B I get a positive response. I normally have the calendars on all 3, (A, B and iphone) synced to Google Calendar. I tried having B synced to A instead of going through Google Calendar, but no joy.

So it appears that my problem is related to A and B not talking to each other. Any suggestions?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Sharing calendar local and Google

Post by VueSoft » Fri May 09, 2014 5:04 pm

To prevent possible syncing issues, the same calendar can no longer be synced with both MySQL Server AND Google Calendar.

To work around this limitation, you can configure all your computers to sync through Google Calendar. On one computer, change the Calendar Properties to sync with Google Calendar. On the other computer(s), use the “Add Google Calendar” command on the File menu to add the calendar. The updates won’t be instantaneous like when syncing locally through MySQL Server, but this method will enable you to keep your computers in sync. Changes should sync within 1 minute.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA