2 year old events in VueMinder Lite

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
rdwjdh

2 year old events in VueMinder Lite

Post by rdwjdh » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:11 pm

I just installed VM lite 11.1.0. Events back as far as 2 years are appearing in the VM calendar that do NOT appear in the source google calendar. I can not delete them. I use Google Calendar for the ability to share between Android devices so most of the events were created and DELETED on either the Android phone(S) or the android tablet(s) and synched that way with Google Calendar. In addition "Show completed events" is NOT checked. I can't be the only one experiencing this problem but I don't see any other forum posts related to this issue.
Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: 2 year old events in VueMinder Lite

Post by VueSoft » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi rdwjdh, welcome to the forums. When you look at your calendar on the Google Calendar webpage, do you see the same deleted events? I'm wondering if the calendar app on your Android phone/tablet isn't deleting events properly.

I haven't had any other reports of this problem, which further reinforces my hunch that it might have something to do with how your app is deleting the events.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

rdwjdh

Post by rdwjdh » Thu May 01, 2014 1:37 pm

I do NOT see the events in "Google Calendar"... BUT, I have looked at the .ics export file from the "Google Calendar" and I DO see the events (VEVENT etc ) for events which are NOT appearing in the "google calendar". That would explain why you are are displaying them. I have also compared the .ics export data for events which DO show up in the "Google calendar" against the .ics export data for an old event which is NOT appearing on the "Google calendar" (but is appearing in vueminder) and I don't see any significant differences that would account for the discrepancy. I suppose there could be some other data store involved that controlling the display (or not display) of an event, but I doubt that. I also had considered the possibility that the android app is not deleting the event properly, perhaps just turning off visibility, but if that were the case, I would also expect to see some difference between the good and the bad in the exported data. And, if the android app were not deleting it properly, why is google not having a problem with that? Most confusing.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu May 01, 2014 11:50 pm

Hi rdwjdh, if possible could you temporarily share your calendar with my Google account, so I can get to the bottom of the problem?

To share a Google Calendar with my account, follow these steps:
1. On the Google Calendar webpage, click the drop-down arrow to the right of your calendar’s name.
2. Select “Share this calendar” from the drop-down.
3. Enter my email address (support@vueminder.com) under “Share with specific people”. Make sure the Permission Settings are set to “See all event details”.
4. Click the Save button. Google will send me a notification letting me know the calendar has been shared. I'll debug the problem and will let you know what I find out.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA