Recurrence - Settings Query

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
sevan68

Recurrence - Settings Query

Post by sevan68 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:29 am

Hi,

I am looking to set a recurrence for every 28 days. I have tried a few options but cannot seem to get this timeframe to work, I have managed to set other recurrences with no issues, but there doesn't seem to be an option in Vueminder for a set amount of days.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sevan

IngeJones

Re: Recurrence - Settings Query

Post by IngeJones » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:55 pm

Well there is an option for a 28 day recurrence, assuming you have found the option, what isn't working about it?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:00 pm

Hi Sevan, to define a 28-day recurring event, set the recurrence pattern to "Daily" and then type 28 for the "Every X days" value. As far as I'm aware, this should work properly. Please let me know if you still see a problem when attempting to create a recurring event with these settings.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

sevan68

Post by sevan68 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:11 am

Hi Dan

This is what I have done, I guess I should have been a little clearer, what I am trying to achieve is to set a recurrence for every 28 days (which I have done successfully) but would then like to use the 'CTRL & F' facility to find the 'Title' of my occurrence to call up an full overview of all the dates in the recurrence, which doesn't work.... Is this because I have not given the recurrence an end date or is Vueminder only limited to display the current year's events.

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Sevan

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:39 pm

Hi Sevan, you can specify a date range for the search results at the top of the Event List. The "All dates" range will only show the first and next instance of a recurring event. To see each occurrence between certain dates, you'll need to specify a date range. If the series doesn't have any end date, it's not possible to show ALL occurrences because there could be millions.

Please see the second paragraph in the "Searching for Events" section of the documentation linked below. It explains how the date range works when searching.
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... tlist.html

Does that help?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA