Contact list, slider bar disappears, etc.

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
GreatLakes

Contact list, slider bar disappears, etc.

Post by GreatLakes » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:54 pm

Sometimes when I am viewing my contact list, the slider bar for moving left and right disappears from view so I can not navigate left and right.

Also, the last field on the right on the contact list won't allow me to grab the right vertical line to narrow and size. Every other field allows me to use cursor to size but I can't seem to "grab" the right most vertical line or to actually find it.

Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Contact list, slider bar disappears, etc.

Post by VueSoft » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:36 pm

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the feedback. I'm not sure why the horizontal scrollbar is disappearing. This isn't a problem I'm able to duplicate on my test computers. I'll investigate further and will let you know if I find a solution.

As for resizing the right-most column, if you move the mouse over the right edge of the column the cursor should change when it's in the correct location to allow the column to be resized. Are you not seeing this?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

GreatLakes

Post by GreatLakes » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:55 am

I am putting the cursor in the correct position as you indicate until it changes as you show. When I try to resize the right most column, it just snaps back and won't let me reduce the size. When I go to any other column, I can resize. This is only happening to the right most column. Is it possible that the right most column appearing on screen automatically fills up the remaining space? It seems that I can reduce the size of the last column appearing by sizing the second column from right, but not by grabbing the right most vertical on the last column.

As far as horizontal bar disappearing, I still can't make it appear. I have seen this before, then it seems to reappear, but I don't know why it disappears then reappears. I will investigate myself and see if I am doing something wrong, but the horizontal bar is definitely not there. Does the horizontal bar only appear if there are more columns than can appear on the screen?

Thanks again for your quick response.

GreatLakes

Post by GreatLakes » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:39 am

I will give you more information on the above subject. I somehow figured it out. It seems on the slider bar issue that if all available columns that have been selected fit on the screen, then the slider bar disappears. This seems to be the rule on all lists. If the number of column selections exceed the screen size then the slider bar reappears. But there is a difference on say task lists and contact list slider bar treatment. On task list, say you resize the right most column so that some of the last column is truncated from view, the slider bar is still at bottom. You can then use the slider bar to move over to view wording that has been truncated from view. On the contact list, if the right most column is truncated from view because of sizing or data in field is too long, then slider bar disappears so you can not move horizontally to view the rest of the last column.

Maybe it would be easier if the slider bar was always visible. If the data in fields all fits on screen, then the slider bar would occupy the whole left right slider area to indicate all fields selected appear on screen. This would solve the difference in slider bar treatment in contact list vs. task list.

Also on contact list selection, such as phone or address, where there are multiple drop down selections underneath, it would be helpful if the top selection, i.e. phone had a check mark where there was a selection checked underneath.

Thanks again for a great product and support.