Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dad488

Post by dad488 » Thu May 08, 2014 8:50 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi dad488, thanks for the feedback. I'll let you know when the ability to sync with MySQL Server and 1-way sync with Google Calendar is available.
I appreciate it. Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:24 pm

Version 11.2.0 restores the ability to share a calendar over a local network and sync the same calendar with Google Calendar. Both 1-way and 2-way syncing is supported. However, only one computer on the network can be configured to sync the shared calendar with Google Calendar. This prevents possible syncing problems and nasty concurrency issues that could arise when syncing with multiple external sources on multiple computers at the same time.

As far as I can tell, the new syncing approach works flawlessly. Add an event to Google Calendar and it will appear on all computers on the local network, even though only one computer is talking to Google Calendar. Likewise, add an event to any of the computers on the local network and it appears on Google Calendar.

To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dad488

Post by dad488 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:47 pm

I updated to this version and synced to my google calendar and the result was 2 of each google calendar
so, I deleted all google calendars and then did the sync again expecting one each new clean calendar from vuesoft.

from vuesoft I get the message "synced with google calendar ... 690 events"
but nothing appears in google calendar

this may be user error, but I am stumped - I've looked at vuesoft help and google calendar help

btw, thanks for ading this feature so quickly
VueSoft wrote:Version 11.2.0 restores the ability to share a calendar over a local network and sync the same calendar with Google Calendar. Both 1-way and 2-way syncing is supported. However, only one computer on the network can be configured to sync the shared calendar with Google Calendar. This prevents possible syncing problems and nasty concurrency issues that could arise when syncing with multiple external sources on multiple computers at the same time.

As far as I can tell, the new syncing approach works flawlessly. Add an event to Google Calendar and it will appear on all computers on the local network, even though only one computer is talking to Google Calendar. Likewise, add an event to any of the computers on the local network and it appears on Google Calendar.

To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:09 am

When syncing with Google Calendar is enabled on an existing calendar in VueMinder via the Sync tab of the Calendar Properties, a new calendar will be added to Google Calendar. That's probably why you saw a new calendar on the Google Calendar web page, rather than your existing main calendar being updated.

If you delete the calendar from Google Calendar's web page, VueMinder won't be able to sync with that calendar anymore. That's probably why you're not seeing any events in Google Calendar - VueMinder is trying to sync with a calendar that no longer exists because you deleted it.

To fix the problem, please follow these steps:
1. In VueMinder, open the Calendar Properties.
2. On the Sync tab, uncheck the box for syncing with Google Calendar.
3. Click the OK button.
4. Right-click the VueMinder icon in the task tray and select "Exit".
5. Restart VueMinder.
6. Open the Calendar Properties.
7. On the Sync tab, re-enable syncing with Google Calendar.
8. Wait a minute or two for the calendar to fully sync.
9. Reload the Google Calendar webpage. A new calendar should have been added to your calendar list.
10. If the events aren't visible on the Google Calendar webpage, click the calendar's name to make it visible.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dad488

Post by dad488 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:52 am

Dan, Thanks for the response. All is working well including 2-way to my smartphone (google calendar).
I really appreciate your responsiveness.
Dad 488

VueSoft wrote:When syncing with Google Calendar is enabled on an existing calendar in VueMinder via the Sync tab of the Calendar Properties, a new calendar will be added to Google Calendar. That's probably why you saw a new calendar on the Google Calendar web page, rather than your existing main calendar being updated.

If you delete the calendar from Google Calendar's web page, VueMinder won't be able to sync with that calendar anymore. That's probably why you're not seeing any events in Google Calendar - VueMinder is trying to sync with a calendar that no longer exists because you deleted it.

To fix the problem, please follow these steps:
1. In VueMinder, open the Calendar Properties.
2. On the Sync tab, uncheck the box for syncing with Google Calendar.
3. Click the OK button.
4. Right-click the VueMinder icon in the task tray and select "Exit".
5. Restart VueMinder.
6. Open the Calendar Properties.
7. On the Sync tab, re-enable syncing with Google Calendar.
8. Wait a minute or two for the calendar to fully sync.
9. Reload the Google Calendar webpage. A new calendar should have been added to your calendar list.
10. If the events aren't visible on the Google Calendar webpage, click the calendar's name to make it visible.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.