Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dad488

Post by dad488 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:07 am

just trying to sync 2 laptops, can no longer get server running

sql server vuesoft started
sql server vuesoft (agent) not started

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:41 pm

Hi dad488, welcome to the forums. The next version of VueMinder will remove the dependency on Microsoft SQL Server and drastically improve how calendar sharing works. I expect the next version will be ready by the end of April.

In the meantime, you can find troubleshooting information on the page linked below. My guess is the firewall settings on your server changed to block TCP/IP traffic on the required ports.
http://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php#troubleshooting
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

User

Post by User » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:38 am

VueSoft wrote:The next version of VueMinder will remove the dependency on Microsoft SQL Server and drastically improve how calendar sharing works.
Very good news!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:20 pm

If you'd like an early look at the improvements, you can download the release-candidate beta using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... f=5&t=1337

See this page for instructions on how to migrate currently shared calendars to the new database:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?mact ... eturnid=61
Dan Chartrand, Founder

dad488

Post by dad488 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:05 am

VueSoft wrote:If you'd like an early look at the improvements, you can download the release-candidate beta using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... f=5&t=1337

See this page for instructions on how to migrate currently shared calendars to the new database:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?mact ... eturnid=61
As much as I'd like to try the beta, I can't introduce any more chaos for my wife. I am manually syncing our 2 pcs now. As a retired IT guy, I want MS SQL server off of our PC's. I was nervous when you adopted it and I appreciate this redesign.
Do you have an ETA for this new release?

Thx

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi dad488, so far the beta testing has gone very well. I just have a bit more testing to wrap up before it's ready for the official release. I expect the official release will happen by the end of this week.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

dad488

Post by dad488 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:43 pm

VueSoft wrote:Hi dad488, so far the beta testing has gone very well. I just have a bit more testing to wrap up before it's ready for the official release. I expect the official release will happen by the end of this week.
Dan,

I just installed the latest release and everything syncs between my pc (with server) and my wife's. But now how do I sync with google calendar? I used to be able to do both. I want to do Vueminder one-way to google calendar for my cell phone.

Thx

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue May 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi dad488, to prevent possible syncing issues, the same calendar can no longer be synced with both MySQL Server AND Google Calendar.

To work around this limitation, you can configure your computers to 2-way sync through Google Calendar. On one computer, change the Calendar Properties to sync with Google Calendar. On the other computer(s), use the “Add Google Calendar” command on the File menu to add the calendar. The updates won’t be instantaneous like when syncing locally through MySQL Server, but this method will enable you to keep your computers in sync with your cell phone. Changes should sync within 1 minute.

I'm considering adding the ability to sync with both MySQL Server and Google Calendar, but I'll need to do a lot more testing first to ensure this doesn't break anything. Things can get a bit tricky when syncing with multiple data sources.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

dad488

Post by dad488 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:31 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi dad488, to prevent possible syncing issues, the same calendar can no longer be synced with both MySQL Server AND Google Calendar.

To work around this limitation, you can configure your computers to 2-way sync through Google Calendar. On one computer, change the Calendar Properties to sync with Google Calendar. On the other computer(s), use the “Add Google Calendar” command on the File menu to add the calendar. The updates won’t be instantaneous like when syncing locally through MySQL Server, but this method will enable you to keep your computers in sync with your cell phone. Changes should sync within 1 minute.

I'm considering adding the ability to sync with both MySQL Server and Google Calendar, but I'll need to do a lot more testing first to ensure this doesn't break anything. Things can get a bit tricky when syncing with multiple data sources.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Well I dont want google doing my syncing - I like the way vueminder now works. I saw the mess with multi way sync among pc1, pc2, google calendar, smartphone and tablet. But could you not allow one way update from vueminder to google? ie. google can only read from vueminder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed May 07, 2014 11:56 pm

Hi dad488, thanks for the feedback. I'll let you know when the ability to sync with MySQL Server and 1-way sync with Google Calendar is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder