Vueminder - Test Email Hanging

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
sevan68

Vueminder - Test Email Hanging

Post by sevan68 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi

I have entered my correct email account & password / SMTP details into Vueminder and have pressed the 'Send Test Email' button but it just sits there with 'Sending ... Abort' button showing, can anyone shed any light on why I may be getting this issue?

Thanks

Sevan

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Vueminder - Test Email Hanging

Post by VueSoft » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:15 pm

Hi Sevan, it's possible your firewall or security software is blocking VueMinder from sending email. Usually, an error message should appear if VueMinder is unable to send email. However, some security software is more invasive in things are blocked, and could be interfering with VueMinder's processing which is resulting in the test getting hung and the error message never appearing.

Please try adding an exception for VueMinder to see if that fixes the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

sevan68

Post by sevan68 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi Dan

Thanks for your response, I found out what the issue was, it was the actual port setting in Vuefinder Options > Email Settings, I had to set it to port 587 for it to work, although in Outlook, the port settings for my SMTP server is 465, is this correct as I have received the test email from VueMinder, I would have thought it would have had to match what the outgoing settings were in Outlook. Please could you confirm that this is correct?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi Sevan, that setting is correct. VueMinder sends email through the .NET Framework, which Outlook doesn't use. Sometimes the settings don't match.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA