Calendar Sync - Deleted Everything

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
sevan68

Calendar Sync - Deleted Everything

Post by sevan68 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:39 am

Hi

This is my very first post, I am a brand new user of Vueminder (trialling the Pro version) and was originally impressed with the software and it's features, I spent over 2 hours populating my calendar and then decided to sync with my Outlook 2010 calendar, after pressing the sync button everything disappeared from Vueminder and has actually placed everything I had in my Outlook calendar into the Outlook 'Deleted Items' folder - Both my calendars are now blank (both Vueminder and Outlook) have I lost everything (please tell there there is some sort of back up file that holds all of this info) as I had important future dates in there that is going to cost me lots of time and effort to chase up.

Not Happy :(

sevan68

Re: Calendar Sync - Deleted Everything

Post by sevan68 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:54 pm

Please could someone post an exact method on how to set up syncing between Vueminder 11.0.5 and Outlook 2010?

I can import my calendar from Outlook, which is just called 'Calendar' and my Vueminder calendar has automatically named itself 'Jeff's Calendar' I can get one to sync to Outlook and the other to sync to Vueminder (in 2 different calendars) but cannot get 2-ways in just one calendar... hope this makes sense

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Calendar Sync - Deleted Everything

Post by VueSoft » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi sevan68, welcome to the forums. Were you able to recover your data? I'm guessing based on your followup question, you were able to restore your previous events. Please let me know if that's not the case.

To configure your calendar to sync 2-way, open the Calendar Properties by double-clicking the calendar's name in the calendar list. Click the "Outlook" tab, make sure the "Sync this calendar" box is checked, and then select "2-way" for the sync direction. Changes made in VueMinder (to this calendar) should appear in Outlook, and vice versa.

Depending on the sync frequency, you might need to force a manual sync in order to immediately see the update in Outlook. You can sync the calendar by right-clicking its name and selecting "Sync Calendar" from the popup menu. Otherwise, the change should appear the next time the calendar auto-syncs.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA