Incompatibilities with Google Contacts

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
IngeJones

Incompatibilities with Google Contacts

Post by IngeJones » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:25 am

Hi, I am on day 2 of my trial period and I have noticed the following couple of things.

The Nickname field does not sync with Google. I can enter a nickname in VueMinder and one in gmail contacts and they remain completely independent. This may be a simple case of the cross-reference fieldname being wrongly defined.

gmail contacts allow a contact to belong to multiple groups, but does not have a "Category" field. So groups in Google tend to be used as categories. VueMinder only allows on Group per contact, but does allow multiple categories per contact. Can I suggest that it may be better to cross-reference VueMinder's Category field to Google contact's Group field?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Incompatibilities with Google Contacts

Post by VueSoft » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi IngeJones, thank you for the feedback. I'll fix the next version to properly sync the Nickname field. I'm also planning to better integrate the Category and Group fields. I'll post a reply when an update is available.

Thank you for trying VueMinder. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

IngeJones

Post by IngeJones » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:38 pm

Thank you for replying. You may be interested to know that my favorite feature of this application (which I downloaded purely for the purpose of handling my Google stuff offline) is the whole-year calendar view. I find the Google one month at a time views impossible when it comes to planning things like booking annual leave and counting up how many days I have already booked :)

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:25 pm

This problem has been fixed for the next version (11.1.0). A pre-release beta is available if you don't want to wait for the official release later this month. You can download the beta here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... f=5&t=1337
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA