Updates lose my settings

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
riftforce

Updates lose my settings

Post by riftforce » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:50 pm

I purchased the lifetime Vueminder Pro license. I have noticed that every time the program updates, I lose all my settings, including contacts, e-mail / text reminder settings and syncing to my Google calendars.

Does anyone know why I keep losing these settings every time Vueminder upgrades? I have the files and settings stored in the default location (even though I don't really like them there as it is not very secure to me) and nothing has been changed.

This morning, I was using the laptop fine. I shut it down, went to school and booted it up. As soon as I did that, it went into the Vueminder settings as if this was a new install (even though it's been installed for some time).

Any help would be appreciated. Per the settings, I'm currently using v11.0.5.

Thank you

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Updates lose my settings

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Hi riftforce, I'm not sure why your settings get lost each time you update. I haven't been able to duplicate this problem when testing the updates. In any case, you should be able to restore your previous data and settings by clicking the "Restore Data" command on the File menu. I'll continue to investigate and will let you know if I find what is causing the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA