Desktop Calendar Loses Position on reboot

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
JustSteve

Desktop Calendar Loses Position on reboot

Post by JustSteve » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi Dan,

I've been using pro on a laptop for some time, and it wasn't until I installed lite on a secondary machine that I realized this was a problem. Every time windows reboots on my laptop, the desktop calendar has lost it's position and size and needs to be reset. My desktop running lite has never had this problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Steve

JustSteve

Re: Desktop Calendar Loses Position on reboot

Post by JustSteve » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:27 pm

For further info, if I close the desktop calendar and then reopen it by selecting from the menu on the system tray icon, it will also lose it's position.

Thanks again.

Steve

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:55 am

Hi Steve, welcome to the forums. I'm not sure what is causing the problem you're seeing.

My guess is that your program settings file isn't being properly updated. This file is saved to the "%LocalAppData%\VueSoft\VueMinder" folder. You can paste or type that folder name at the top of Windows Explorer to open the data folder. Look at the date/time that ProgramSettings.xml was last saved. Exit VueMinder and then refresh the folder. Does the file get updated?

If the file appears to be getting updated, then maybe VueMinder is confused about your screen layout. Is there aren't different or unique about your setup? What resolution are you running?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

JustSteve

Post by JustSteve » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:50 pm

The ProgramSettings.xml file is being updated.

I have a resolution of 1366x768 (the highest my little 12" laptop will support).

While investigating this, I just figured out what was causing the problem. As my screen is so small, I have developed the habit of hiding the bottom and right margins off the screen, so that the scroll down arrow is in the bottom right corner of the screen. This is what vueminder didn't like. If I leave the entire desktop on the screen, it comes back exactly where it was.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Hi Steve, thank you for the information. Could you check if you're using the latest version (11.0.5)? You can update by clicking the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu. I believe this is something I improved in the latest version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA