Permanently deleting selected holidays

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dr_hersh

Permanently deleting selected holidays

Post by dr_hersh » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:05 pm

I have both the US and Canadian public holidays installed, but I'd like to permanently edit them so I don't have to have duplicate holidays. When I try to do that, they appear again next year. Is there any way I can edit the list of public holidays?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Permanently deleting selected holidays

Post by VueSoft » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:12 pm

The holiday events are yearly recurring events. They'll appear each year unless you delete the entire series. Actually, I'm not sure how you deleted this year's occurrence since calendar subscriptions are supposed to be read-only.

In any case, open the Calendar Properties and uncheck the box at the top of the "Subscribe" tab. The calendar will be converted to a local (non-subscribed) calendar and will become editable. Select the holiday you'd like to delete and then press the Delete key. A message should appear asking if you want to delete the selected occurrence or the entire series. Pick the option to delete the entire series. After deleting the series, you won't see the holiday in the following years.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dr_hersh

Re: Permanently deleting selected holidays

Post by dr_hersh » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:13 am

Thanks, Dan. I resolved this by simply creating recurring events. I just can't include varying holidays such as Easter, but no big deal. I'm finished on this one.