Sharing the Online Calendar Using just a Web browser

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
lousk

Sharing the Online Calendar Using just a Web browser

Post by lousk » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi,
I was wondering... using ViewMinder, is there a way once I create a team's scheduler calendar if every person that's included in the team would be able to have access to this calendar online just via a link whereby they can view, modify, and delete their own schedule or not. Unfortunately I'm not interested in using any 3-party application software, i.e. Google Calendar, Yahoo, iCal etc. along with ViewMinder. Once installed and configured, would it require that EACH person on the team calendar to actually install VM and or must have access to yet another service like mentioned above in order to view, modify, or delete their own schedule? If so, than this software application isn't for my needs - sorry. indecently, I was looking also into the USB version, once it's configured to utilize Drobox to share a common team schedule calendar, if that would work as an alternative solution, although it's not so ideal?

Your response would be sincerely appreciated - Thanks!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Sharing the Online Calendar Using just a Web browser

Post by VueSoft » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:09 am

Hi lousk, welcome to the forums. The non-USB version of VueMinder needs to be installed on each computer where it's used. Calendars can be shared through VueMinder Server, which also needs to be installed. See the page linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php

The USB version can run from Dropbox or a network folder without being installed. The same data would be accessible on each computer, without needing to sync with any external services. However, when the USB version is located in a shared folder, it can only be used on one computer at a time. Otherwise changes made on one computer could overwrite changes made on another.

Both the USB and non-USB versions are licensed per user. For example, if there are 5 people on your team, then 5 licenses would be needed.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA