Syncing with my laptop stopped

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Syncing with my laptop stopped

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:23 pm

See the documentation linked below. I don't understand what problem you're seeing or how "nothing happens" after adding a subscription. I need more details.
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... #subscribe
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dr_hersh

Post by dr_hersh » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:48 pm

Thanks for your patience.

Now, when I subscribe to my networked ICS file, and ask to update now, it produces all my events 4x, and includes events that are long since past.

dr_hersh

Post by dr_hersh » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:29 am

Dan, I have uninstalled and reinstalled VM.

1) How do I enter my registration code?

2) How may I copy my settings from my desktop VM?

Hopefully, this will resolve my problem.

Thanks,
David

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:34 am

Hi David, uninstalling/reinstalling should not have affected your license unless you used something besides the Control Panel. In any case, I'll send you an email with a link to download your license installer. This will re-register the license.

To transfer your data from your desktop PC to your laptop, use the “Backup Data” command on the File menu of the desktop PC. This will generate a vbackup file, which can be copied to your laptop. On the laptop, use the “Restore Data” command on the File menu. Click the Browse button and then select the vbackup file that was copied from the desktop.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

dr_hersh

Post by dr_hersh » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:40 pm

I've installed the version from your link.

I restored from my desktop backup. I had to adjust background color, and there may be some other manual things I have to do to have it work the same as the desktop, but I think I can deal with that.

The problem is still that I can't seem to subscribe successfully to my published ics file. It doesn't update automatically, and then it brings up allllll the completed, recurring events from the past, but it doesn't update changes from the desktop VM.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:25 pm

It sounds like file location being published from the desktop is not the same file location you're subscribing to on the laptop. The file needs to be is a shared folder on your network, on a common server, or on a cloud drive. Both computers need to be using the same file. Please double-check the file path in the Publish and Subscribe tabs. I'm guessing you'll find a discrepancy.

What time does the desktop indicate the file was last published? When you look at the file that is subscribed on the laptop (in Windows Explorer), what time does Windows Explorer show for when the file was last modified? If the times don't match, that would provide further evidence that you're not subscribing to the correct file.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

dr_hersh

Post by dr_hersh » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:31 pm

See 3 images. When I subscribe using the target file in a file on my network folder and ask for an update, see that image result.
VM on laptop after subsdription.  All the additional stuff are past, completed events from some long time ago.
VM on laptop after subsdription. All the additional stuff are past, completed events from some long time ago.
Laptop Screwed up.png (227.49 KiB) Viewed 4229 times
VM on laptop with fresh restoration
VM on laptop with fresh restoration
laptop OK.png (112.38 KiB) Viewed 4229 times
VM as it appears on my desktop
VM as it appears on my desktop
Desktop VM.jpg (415.63 KiB) Viewed 4229 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:06 pm

I think you have multiple calendars with the same events. The reason I think this is the case is because the fonts and colors of the duplicates are different.

On the View menu, click "Calendar Items". In the calendar list, delete all calendars by right-clicking each one and selecting "Delete Calendar". On the File menu, click "Add Calendar Subscription". Select the ICS file published from the desktop.

Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

dr_hersh

Post by dr_hersh » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:07 pm

I assume you mean delete all calendars on the laptop. I did that. I had two calendars there. I deleted both.

I then created a new calendar and subscribed to the ICS file on my network. I hit update now, and I got the screwed up image I sent you, and all the wrong font sizes and colors, and all the repetition of old completed events,and a constant loading of allllll the alarms that were set for those events pop up and had to be dismissed again.

If I then restore from the latest desktop backup, it looks fine.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:24 pm

Can you please send the ICS file to support@vueminder.com?
Dan Chartrand, Founder