Google calendar connected but not synced

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
levpravstudio

Google calendar connected but not synced

Post by levpravstudio » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:12 am

Hi!

Hope you'll help me - Vueminder connects to google, gets permission in browser, the list of available calendars appear, I press Sync Now, it says "syncing...you should see your GCal in a few seconds". And that's all - the calendars in VueMinder stay empty, no sync(

Version 11.0.2, Win 7 64bit, KB2468871 installed
Now I'm on a trial version - are there any restrictions to sync?

levpravstudio

Re: Google calendar connected but not synced

Post by levpravstudio » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:36 am

UPD
When I create a new calendar in VueMinder, and choose to Sync it with Google, it appears in google and 2-way sync works ok, but not vice versa

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi levpravstudio, welcome to the forums and thank you for trying VueMinder. I'm not sure what is causing the problem you're seeing. It's not a known bug, nor is it something I'm able to duplicate using my test calendars.

If possible, could you share the problematic calendar with my Google account (support@vueminder.com), so I can try debugging the problem? There might be something in the calendar that is preventing it from syncing properly. Sharing can be enabled by clicking the drop-down arrow next to the calendar’s name on the Google Calendar web page and then selecting “Share this calendar”. Please set the sharing level to “See all event details”.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

quinners1975

Post by quinners1975 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:05 am

Dan,

I too am having trouble with getting my Google Calendar to sync. Exactly the same happens, ie Vueminder connects to google, gets permission in browser, the list of available calendars appear, I press Sync Now, it says "syncing...you should see your GCal in a few seconds". And that's all - the calendars in VueMinder stay empty, no sync. Can you assist? I am working off an ASUS T100TA convertible tablet with keyboard and running Windows 8.

Richard

PS I attempted to download the Microsoft Net 4.0 updates from the Microsoft Website but this was unsuccessful.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:04 pm

Hi Richard, welcome to the forums. Please try deleting the calendars that were added previously by right-clicking there names in the calendar list and selecting "Delete Calendar". Next, re-add the calendars using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu. Instead of a "Sync Now" button you should see a button labeled "Add Calendar".

If it still doesn't work, please try the following steps:

1. Right-click the name of the calendar that isn’t syncing and select “Delete Calendar” from the popup menu.

2. Exit VueMinder by right-clicking its icon in the task tray and selecting "Exit".

3. Delete the folder named "C:\Users\YourLoginName\AppData\Roaming\VueMinder.Google.Auth". Note, this folder is hidden. I assume you know how to make hidden folders visible in Windows Explorer.

4. Open the Google Account Permissions page. Revoke access for VueMinder.

5. On the Google Calendar webpage, click the settings button in the upper-right corner. Select "Labs".

6. Click "Disable" for all Labs items. Some lab items have been known to cause intermittent syncing problems in the past. Click the Save button after disabling any lab items.

7. Restart VueMinder.

8. Click the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu. You should be prompted to allow access.

9. Hopefully syncing will work after re-adding the calendar.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

quinners1975

Post by quinners1975 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Hi Dan,

Followed your instructions to the word but still no sign of my Google Calendar events in VueMinder! Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Rich

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Check your firewall?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

IngeJones

Post by IngeJones » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:59 pm

I am having the same problem (except that no syncing is happening in either direction to or from Google). I also checked my firewall settings, and VueminderPro is "Allowed". Is there something else in my firewall settings I should check?

Later: In fact I went back and followed ALL the instructions about deleting the hidden folder etc and added the calendars back one by one and it is now working! Thanks :)