Using Vueminder with Google- but not my default account

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
mbernhardt

Using Vueminder with Google- but not my default account

Post by mbernhardt » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:33 pm

I only use Vueminder with one google Calendar account- but it's not on my personal gmail account, it's on my boy scout troop's account. I do have the troop's account set up in a non-default browser. I also want to access Vueminder from 2 different computers (work and home) which is why I have the USB version on Google Drive.

I appreciate the authorization thing not coming up anymore, but how do I deal with the request to access information on google when I'm not in the correct account? If I copy and paste the link to the correct browser, will that be a one-time thing for this computer or will I have to do it each time I switch computers?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Using Vueminder with Google- but not my default account

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:03 am

You should only see the request to access the Google account one time on each computer. When the request appears, click your account name in the upper-right corner of the web page. A drop-down will appear with a "Sign Out" button. Click that button and then log into the desired account to provide access to VueMinder. After clicking the "Accept" button, you can then log out of that account and back into your other account.

After allowing access, it doesn't matter which account is currently logged into your web browser. VueMinder will connect to whichever Google account it was granted access to, and that happens independently of your web browser.

Does that help?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

mbernhardt

Post by mbernhardt » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:28 am

Yes, that helps a lot. I'll try it out.

User

Post by User » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:52 am

VueSoft wrote:After allowing access, it doesn't matter which account is currently logged into your web browser. VueMinder will connect to whichever Google account it was granted access to, and that happens independently of your web browser.
It's good to read that it works that way.