Google Calendar reminder defaults

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Nigel

Google Calendar reminder defaults

Post by Nigel » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:01 am

When I create a new VM Canendar event with no-popup AND no-recurrences, and sync it with Google Calendar, the event picks up the Google Calendar Reminder defaults. So the two are not in sync and I get Google Calendar email and pop-up reminders (my Google Calendar defaults).

If I create the same event without recurrences, then this does not happen. The Events are in perfect sync.

Is this intentional, or is it a bug?

I suppose the solution would be to remove the Google Calendar reminder defaults and let VM handle it.
But, is there a better way?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Google Calendar reminder defaults

Post by VueSoft » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:51 pm

Hi Nigel, thank you for the feedback. I'm not seeing any difference between recurring and non-recurring events in how default reminders are assigned. If an event is created in VueMinder without a reminder enabled, Google Calendar will apply a default reminder when the event is synced. This is by design, so you could have Google Calendar handle sending SMS or email reminders instead of VueMinder.

I'll see if I can add an option to override this behavior, so an event created in VueMinder with no reminders enabled will not get default reminders in Google Calendar. In the meantime, I believe the only other solution would be to open the calendar settings on the Google Calendar webpage and disable the default reminders there.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA