Recurred Events Google Calendar Sync

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Nigel

Recurred Events Google Calendar Sync

Post by Nigel » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:19 am

I created a recurring event (every day for 3 consecutive days). I then deleted the first event and shut down VueMinder before it synchronized with Google Calendar. When I re-opened ViewMinder, and forced a sync, nothing happened. Now VM an Google are out of sync.
- VM has 2 events of the series, Google has the entire series (3 events)

Next I "deleted the entire series" (the 2 remaining events) and shut down VM before sync cycle. When I re-opened VM and forced a sync, the previously deleted series (2 remaining events) re-appeared in VM.

At this point the Google Calendar still contains the entire original series (3 events).

Note that this only happens when VM is shut down before a sync cycle. Otherwise it works OK.
So I guess the solution is to wait a while, or force a sync before shutting down VM.

Is there a better way?

This happens on 11.0 and 11.0.1 beta.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Recurred Events Google Calendar Sync

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:04 pm

Hi Nigel, thank you for the feedback. I'll let you know when a correction is available. In the meantime, if you know there are changes that still need to be synced, make sure to sync before exiting VueMinder.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Recurred Events Google Calendar Sync

Post by VueSoft » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Version 11.0.1 fixes this problem. If VueMinder is exited before changes are synced, the next time VueMinder starts the previous changes will be automatically synced. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA