Contact info, adding addresses

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
GreatLakes

Contact info, adding addresses

Post by GreatLakes » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:59 pm

I am having problems adding addresses in the contact info section. When I click on home, work, etc. I can not get the cursor to move to a separate data field to enter the address. In phone, e-mail, a separate data field appears but not in addresses.

GreatLakes

Re: Contact info, adding addresses

Post by GreatLakes » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:17 pm

Sorry I figured it out, it is slightly confusing in that you have to hit "tab" which brings up another drop down arrow which allows for street address, city and zip. Maybe hitting "tab" after home, work, etc address type would bring up street address, city and zip automatically, but once I figured it out it is no big deal.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:21 pm

Hi GreatLakes, thanks for the feedback. Mailing addresses are a bit of a special case, since there are separate fields for street, city, state, zip code, etc. Those fields wouldn't all fit within each row, so the cell where those values are entered is a button. As you've found, clicking that button will cause a popup to appear where the values can be entered.

I've played around with getting the Tab key to automatically cause the popup to appear, but I couldn't get it to work quite the way I wanted.

There's a drop-down arrow icon on the right-side of the cell button, which is a clue that clicking the button will cause something to appear. However, the icon is a bit small so I guess it could be missed. I'll see if I can make the icon more pronounced or find some other way to make the mailing address button more intuitive.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

GreatLakes

Post by GreatLakes » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:38 pm

Thanks Dan,

It wasn't a problem once I figured out how it worked, but it wasn't obvious at first. If you can figure out something to let users know that would be great because the first drop down arrow picks "home", "work", then a second drop down arrow opens up the expanded address field.