Taskbar icon disappeared

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dr_hersh

Taskbar icon disappeared

Post by dr_hersh » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:13 pm

While the process remains active, the program will close and not reopen regardless of whether it was minimized or closed. It will only restart from the directory where the program resides of the shortcut, but not from the taskbar. The Custom Notifications section also shows Vueminder, but no info underneath the name of the program. See image attached.

Thanks,
David
Attachments
notifications.jpg
notifications.jpg (204.81 KiB) Viewed 4061 times

dr_hersh

Re: Taskbar icon disappeared

Post by dr_hersh » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:26 pm

I just tried to repair the installation and get an error message. See attaahed.
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (34.42 KiB) Viewed 4059 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:54 pm

When you minimize VueMinder, the default behavior is to hide the taskbar icon and only show an icon in the notification area (task tray). Double-clicking that icon will make the VueMinder window re-appear. You can override the behavior so the taskbar icon is always visible. In the Program Options, check the box labeled "Always show task bar icon". It doesn't matter that there isn't any text below the VueMinder label in the Customization window.

Regarding the error message you're seeing when attempting to reinstall, this could happen if you deleted the temporary folder where Windows caches the installer (msi) files that were used previously. Microsoft created a tool to clean up these types of problems. It can be downloaded using the link below. You should be able to use this tool to uninstall VueMinder. After uninstalling, you should be able to reinstall.
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Progr ... _Uninstall
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dr_hersh

Post by dr_hersh » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:07 pm

I was unclear in my terminology. Yes, I meant the notification area. I understand the difference between how it should act when minimized or closed. Somehow, the problem has ceased, and has self corrected. In fact, the icon has also reappeared in the Custom Notification section. It's working now, so let me thank you for your time.
Attachments
notifications2.jpg
notifications2.jpg (198.61 KiB) Viewed 4058 times