VueMinder 11.0 Beta

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
simona70

Re: VueMinder 11.0 Beta

Post by simona70 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:52 am

Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
Daily Limit Exceeded [403]
Errors [
Message[Daily Limit Exceeded] Location[ - ] Reason[dailyLimitExceeded] Domain[usageLimits]
]

what is this message?
Simona Pisano

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Google places a quota cap on how many sync requests can be made per day for all people using VueMinder. According to my quota report, VueMinder is averaging between 80-90% of the allowed maximum. You should only see this message if usage exceeds 100%.

In any case, I'll request Google to raise the cap (again). Please wait a little while and then try syncing again.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

simona70

Post by simona70 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Forcing request after it's ok. Anymore I inform you what sw tell me.
This is another message:
Execution of request failed: https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/contact ... 2:45+01:00
Simona Pisano

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:58 pm

Hi simona, the error you received should be fixed in Beta 3.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:25 pm

Beta 3 is now available. The download links are provided in the first post of this thread. Beta 3 is a release candidate. Version 11.0 will be officially released very soon.

Here's a summary of what has changed since Beta 2 in VueMinder Lite:
  • Added an option (under the Reminder Options) to automatically mark past events as completed.
  • Added a button to the "Add Google Calendar" window for syncing with calendars that belong to a different Google account.
  • Improved popup and desktop alerts that have voice reminders enabled. If multiple voice reminders appear at the same time, each voice reminder will be played in sequence, rather than only one of the voice reminders playing.
  • Corrected a problem with values in some fields of the Contact Editor not being saved if currently in edit mode when the Save and Close button is clicked.
  • Corrected a problem with the Move/Resize button and other buttons in the upper-right corner of the Desktop Calendar sometimes disappearing.
  • Corrected the Desktop Calendar to prevent it from being positioned such that its right edge is off the screen, causing the "Move/Resize" button to become inaccessible.
  • Corrected the "Connect to Server" window to include a check box for enabling SSL. This window appears if the option to save the password was not enabled and a calendar subscription requires authentication in order to sync.
  • Corrected a number of error messages.
  • Other minor corrections and improvements.
Beta 3 of VueMinder Pro and Ultimate include the changes noted above, as well as the following:
  • Added a setting when defining an SMS reminder to only send the associated event or task description - not the title, start date, or other details.
  • Added a "Sync Now" button to the Google Contact Sync window. This button can be used to force a manual sync in case syncing didn't happen automatically for some reason.
  • Improved the Status Bar to indicate when Google Contacts are being synced. Note, the sync usually happens very quickly so the status might not appear very long before returning to "Ready".
  • Improved the "Meeting Request" tab in the Event Editor. A box doesn't need to be checked before recipients can be added. If any meeting recipients have been specified, the event will be treated as a meeting request. Otherwise it will be treated as a normal event.
  • Corrected a problem with automatic syncing with Google Contacts not working on some computers.
  • Corrected syncing of event appearances with Google Calendar. When a single occurrence of a recurring event had its appearance customized, the appearance wouldn't sync back to Google Calendar.
  • Corrected a problem with new distribution lists not being saved.
  • Corrected a problem with reminder recipients not being saved if currently in edit mode when the Event or Task Editor is saved and closed.
  • Corrected the USB version to preserve the selected appearance theme when running from different computers. In case where the USB version is running from a different drive letter, the appearance theme would revert to the default.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

IanS

Post by IanS » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:44 am

Google Contacts sync now working for me.

Thanks. :)

IanS

Post by IanS » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:43 am

I'm experiencing a problem which might be connected with the beta (deleted events reappearing, and then duplicating), but I need to verify it by reinstalling the latest stable version. Is it OK to do a manual uninstall of the beta followed by an install of the stable version? It won't allow me to run the install with the beta present (Vueminder Pro). I don't want to risk losing the licence key.

The reason that I am cautious at the moment is because I publish the .ics file to an ftp server, which is then picked up by an android sync app (Calendarsync) before being displayed by an android calendar app (Calengoo). As far as I can recall, everything was working perfectly with the stable release.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi Ian, you can uninstall the beta by using the Control Panel. This won't remove any data or your license. After uninstalling, you can reinstall v10.1.9.

Is your calendar configured to be both published and subscribed? Try changing it so it's only published. If that doesn't fix the problem, a correction has been made for the next version which should solve it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

IanS

Post by IanS » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:43 am

Hi Dan,

I both publish and subscribe as I have Vueminder on three Windows PCs, so I have reverted back to v10.1.9 for now.

IanS

Post by IanS » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:25 am

IanS wrote:Hi Dan,

I both publish and subscribe as I have Vueminder on three Windows PCs, so I have reverted back to v10.1.9 for now.
Reverting to V10.1.19 seems to have cured the issue, so I will await the next version.

Thanks for your help & support. :)