Custom fields don't carry over between machines

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
mbernhardt

Custom fields don't carry over between machines

Post by mbernhardt » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:27 pm

I have Vueminder Ultimate USB and I installed it on Google Drive. I set up a couple of custom fields, which now properly show up on all events. However when I opened the calendar on a 2nd computer, the custom fields were no longer there. It's important that this work because the events could be modified by any of 3 people (but only one at a time) and any of them might have to export a spreadsheet that contains those particular fields.

How do I make this work?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Custom fields don't carry over between machines

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:06 am

Hi mbernhardt, the custom fields are saved within the VueMinder data file. It shouldn't matter which computer is used, as long as all computers are pointing to the same copy of VueMinder USB.

My guess is that VueMinder wasn't fully exited. Closing the main window doesn't exit the program. It will continue to run in the background. You need to right-click the VueMinder USB icon in the task tray (the area by the clock) and select "Exit" before starting VueMinder USB on a different computer.

Could you try the steps below and let me know what happens?
1. Create a test event.
2. On the Custom tab, add a custom field and value.
3. Exit VueMinder Ultimate USB by right-clicking its icon in the task tray and selecting "Exit".
4. On a different computer, start VueMinder Ultimate USB.
5. Open the test event and click the Custom tab. You should see your custom data.

Also, please be aware VueMinder is licensed per user. While you can use a license from any number of computers, if there are other people also using the software they should be covered under a license as well. The only exception is if the other people are family members living in the same residence as you.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA