Events between Vueminder and Google duplicate

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
mbernhardt

Events between Vueminder and Google duplicate

Post by mbernhardt » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:24 pm

I have not figured out exactly when this happens but here is the situation: Vueminder is syncing with Google calendar. I opened an event that had originally been entered in Google. I added a category. Then I changed the category name. I'm just learning how to use Vueminder so I can't tell you exactly how I changed the name as there seems to be 2 ways. Anyway, now Google had 2 events. I changed the color of the one in Vueminder so I could determine which one to keep. Now, I had 3 events in Google Calendar!

I need to know if there is an option to turn off or if I have to simply follow a certain process, or if it is a bug.

Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Events between Vueminder and Google duplicate

Post by VueSoft » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi mbernhardt, welcome to the forums. This sounds like a bug, but I haven't been able to duplicate the problem. Do you recall if the event you modified was an occurrence in a recurring series?

The next version of VueMinder will use the latest Google Calendar API, which fixes a number of syncing bugs. It's very possible the problem has already been fixed, which is why I've been unable to duplicate the behavior in the pre-release version I'm testing with.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

mbernhardt

Re: Events between Vueminder and Google duplicate

Post by mbernhardt » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:58 am

It was an event in a series, as a matter of fact.