Next 2 weeks view?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
danjcla

Next 2 weeks view?

Post by danjcla » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:43 am

Is it possible to do a no-wasted-space maximum-information next-two-weeks view?

I'm mystified why this kind of view isn't more popular. When I look at a calendar, I'm most interested in seeing what is happening this week and next. And I don't want to miss something that is scheduled for Monday (what I use for the start of the week), which is easy to do with the Day, Week, and Month views. (The 2 week view is dynamic; the top week is always the current week, and the bottom week is always the next week.)

If you don't know what I'm talking about, in Google Calendar, click on the top right-hand gear icon, select "Settings", under "Custom view:" select "2 Weeks", and then under "Default view:" select "Custom View (2 Weeks)". Or look at the attachment. NOTE ON ATTACHMENT: You have to click on it, otherwise it is collapsed and looks like a 1-Week view.

For search engines... 2 weeks view two week view two weeks view view 2 weeks view two weeks
Attachments
Screenshot of Google Calendar 2-Week view. Random public calendar I found showing.
Screenshot of Google Calendar 2-Week view. Random public calendar I found showing.
google-calendar-2-week-view-example.jpg (209.49 KiB) Viewed 3095 times

danjcla

Re: Next 2 weeks view?

Post by danjcla » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:30 am

Nevermind, found it - wasn't expecting it where it was, but just a newbie thing.

For others: "Go" menu -> "Month View Settings" -> "2 Weeks".

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Next 2 weeks view?

Post by VueSoft » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi danjcla, welcome to the forums. I'm glad you were able to find the answer.

FYI, you can also click the settings button in the upper-right corner of the Month view to change the number of weeks displayed. The settings button looks like a blue gear. It's one of the most important (and most overlooked) buttons in VueMinder. Each calendar view has a settings button that allows the view to be modified.

Also, if you click somewhere in the Month view and hold the Ctrl key while scrolling the mouse wheel up or down, the number of weeks will change. That can be a useful shortcut if you often need to adjust the number of visible weeks and don't want to hunt down the option in the settings menu. The zoom in/out buttons in the upper-right corner also perform that function.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA