Problems with restore

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ksee

Problems with restore

Post by ksee » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:42 am

I recently had to hard reset my laptop to get it to shutdown and unfortunately this removed ALL VueMinders configuration and Calender data after the restart....VueMinder started up OK, it was just reset to an empty, unlicensed copy with no calendar data or config settings retained.

Since I keep my VueMinder data folder in another location, I re-pointed VueMinder back to this folder and it asked me if I wanted to use this data to which I said yes. Unfortunately this only restored the VueMinder to being a licensed copy, it didn't restore any more of my previous configuration settings, nor any of my calendar data (everything is kept in the that same folder, so I'm baffled by this).

So I then found my backups and restored from this. This did restore calendar data but again none of my configuration settings - backup folder path, email settings, dialog prefs, layout settings - none of these were restored.

So from this this I have two questions: first can you please clarify what I should do to get a full, clean (by clean I mean single operation) restore the next time this sort of thing happens?

Second, since I tried to recover both using the original data files and from a restore from backup, why weren't any of my config settings / preferences recovered along with my calendar data?

Many thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Problems with restore

Post by VueSoft » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:13 am

Hi ksee, welcome to the forums. It sounds like you restored the data by selecting the data folder in the Program Options. This only restores the calendar data, not the settings.

To restore everything, use the "Restore Data" command on the File menu. If you don't see your backup listed in the Restore Data window, click the "Browse" button and then open the most recent backup wherever it's stored (usually in the Backup folder under where VueMinder was previously configured to save its data). See the documentation linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... store.html

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA