DrobBox calendar sharing

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Sunjhi

DrobBox calendar sharing

Post by Sunjhi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi Dan,

I am trying to share a family calendar among three households. We are sharing a folder and .ics file via dropbox. Is there any way I can have just the one calendar update the dropbox ics file automatically? I want to be able to make changes to that one calendar and view new changes others make to the calendar without importing/exporting. Basically making it real-time whenever internet connection is available. I have several other calendars I don't want to share with everyone, so I don't want to make the dropbox folder the default for the program.

Thanks~

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: DrobBox calendar sharing

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi Sunjhi, VueMinder can be configured to automatically publish and subscribe to the same ICS file located on a DropBox drive. There's no need to manually import/export - this will happen automatically whenever changes are made on any of the computers.

Do you already have the ICS file on your DropBox? If so, please follow these steps to configure VueMinder to automatically sync with the shared ICS file:

1. Delete the calendar from VueMinder by right-clicking its name and selecting "Delete Calendar".

2. Re-add the calendar by using the "Add Calendar Subscription" command on the File menu.

3. Click the "..." button on the right side of the location field and then browse to and open the ICS file.

4. Change the update frequency as needed.

5. Click OK. Your calendar will download from the DropBox.

6. Double-click the calendar's name and click the Publish tab.

7. Check the "Publish this calendar" box and then enter the same file location that is on the Subscribe tab.

8. Click OK.

9. Repeat these steps on your other computers.

Whenever a change is made, the change will be published to DropBox. Other computers will see the change and update accordingly.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Maggie

Post by Maggie » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Does this work with the Lite version?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:35 pm

Hi Maggie, the Lite version can only subscribe to ICS files. It can't also publish, meaning your ICS subscriptions will be read-only.

Besides ICS publishing, the Pro version also adds many other features not available in the Lite version. The following page provides a side-by-side comparison:
http://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx

If you’re currently using the Lite version, you can purchase the Pro version using the link below. It will install on top of the Lite version, preserving all your existing data.
http://sites.fastspring.com/vuesoft/product/vueminder

If you’d like to try the Pro version first, you can upgrade to a fully functional trial by clicking the "Upgrade" button at the top of the VueMinder Lite window. All existing data will be preserved and accessible in the Pro trial. Also, if you decide to return to the Lite version, you can uninstall the Pro trial and reinstall the Lite version without losing any events created while using the Pro trial.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Maggie

Post by Maggie » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:38 pm

Thank you. I now understand the requirements. Yes, I could not publish with Lite. Thank you for your lightening fast response!