Printing of calendar without colors

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
GreatLakes

Printing of calendar without colors

Post by GreatLakes » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:40 am

I understand that when I print task or event list I can print without colors or with colors in the first column only. When printing in the calendar view, either daily, weekly or monthly I can not seem to print without colors on my black and white laser. The black and white prints the colors in shades of gray or black, which makes the calendar hard to read when there are colors for the categories or text.

Is there a way in calendar view to not print the colors?

Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Printing of calendar without colors

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the feedback. Before printing, you could switch the color mode via the "Color Events Using" command on the View menu. If there's a color mode you don't normally use, like "Locations", then you should see all events appear with black text over a very light gray background. This color mode should print better.

There's currently a "Print in color" checkbox on the Print window that can be unchecked, but it won't solve the problem you describe because the background colors will be varying shades of gray. I'll improve the Print window to include a "Black and White" option, so all items will print with black text and no background color, without needing to switch the color mode on the View menu first. I'll post a reply when this improvement is completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

GreatLakes

Re: Printing of calendar without colors

Post by GreatLakes » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Thanks Dan,

The black and white option would certainly make it easier to read.