Add menu items

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
MobyUK

Add menu items

Post by MobyUK » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:42 am

Hi. I have been trying to add an item to one of the toolbars. Specifically I would like to ad "Show Competed Items" to the main toolbar so I can easily toggle them on and off.

Cheers
Moby

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Add menu items

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi Moby, here's how to add commands to the toolbar:

1. On the Tools menu, click "Customize Menus and Keyboard".

2. A "Customize" window will appear. Click the "Commands" tab to view a categorized list of all available commands.

3. Select the "View" category from the list on the left.

4. On the right, scroll down to "Show Completed Events".

5. Click the "Show Completed Events" command. With the left mouse button held, drag the command to the toolbar. You'll see a placeholder bar appear when the command is positioned in a valid location between existing buttons on the toolbar. Release the mouse button when the command is located where you'd like.

6. Since the "Show Completed Events" command doesn't have an icon, you'll see a red X for the button icon on the toolbar. Right-click the button and select "Text Only". If you prefer to see an icon instead of text, keep the button set to "Default Style" and then pick "Edit Button Image". You can draw your own icon or you can import an image into the icon editor using the File menu on the Image Editor window.

7. When finished, close the Customize window.

Additional information can be found here:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... smenu.html

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

MobyUK

Post by MobyUK » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:27 am

Thanks Dan. That worked fine except having added the button, when I right click I don't get a "Text only" option. All I see are options to select the toolbars and "Customise"
Cheers
Moby

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:05 am

The "Customize" window needs to still be open when right-clicking the new toolbar button. If you close the Customize window, the right-click menu won't show any of the customization commands.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

MobyUK

Post by MobyUK » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:21 am

Thanks Dan. Works a treat now.
Just got to say, Being an extremely disorganised person, Vueminder has proved invaluable since I started using it.
Cheers
Moby

MobyUK

Post by MobyUK » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:52 am

I've just tried to add this button again, new installation on new laptop. Unfortunately, this time it doesn't seem to want to work.
Basically, when I try to drop it on a toolbar, I don't get a placeholder, just a X.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi Moby, the "X" is the default icon for buttons that don't have an icon defined. With the "Customize" window open, right click the X button and select "Text Only (Always)". You should see the button change from showing an X to showing the command's name, such as "Show Completed Events".
Dan Chartrand, Founder

MobyUK

Post by MobyUK » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:37 am

Hi Dan. Sorry, I didn't explain properly. The x shows while I have left mouse held down and try to drag to the toolbar. Nothing shows when I release left mouse button.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi Moby. You'll need to drag the command to an existing toolbar before the cursor icon will change to remove the X. It can be hard to see when using the default theme, but the X should be removed from the cursor and a vertical black line should appear below the cursor to show where the command will be inserted when the mouse is released. You won't see this black line unless the mouse is over an existing toolbar. Sometimes the mouse has to be between two buttons that are already on the toolbar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

MobyUK

Post by MobyUK » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:23 am

Finally sorted. I was trying to add it to the right of existing buttons. I hadn't tried dropping it between two existing buttons.
Thanks Dan.