Deleting Recurring Events

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Zebo777

Deleting Recurring Events

Post by Zebo777 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:07 am

I have a couple of problems/questions regarding deleting recurring events:

1) When I create a recurring event and then delete the first occurrence using the "Delete this occurrence and all that follow" option, nothing happens. The event does not get deleted. This scenario should behave the same as "Delete the entire series".
- Is this a bug?

2) When I create a recurring event, the event count (in the status bar) increments (+1). Then, when I delete All the event occurrences individually the event count does not decrement. I now have a phantom event.
- Is there a way to remove this event from the database?

Zebo777

Re: Deleting Recurring Events

Post by Zebo777 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:02 am

Any comments?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu May 30, 2013 11:18 pm

1) When I create a recurring event and then delete the first occurrence using the "Delete this occurrence and all that follow" option, nothing happens. The event does not get deleted. This scenario should behave the same as "Delete the entire series".
- Is this a bug?
Sounds like a bug, but I can't duplicate it.
2) When I create a recurring event, the event count (in the status bar) increments (+1). Then, when I delete All the event occurrences individually the event count does not decrement. I now have a phantom event.
- Is there a way to remove this event from the database?
I'll fix this in the next version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Zebo777

Post by Zebo777 » Fri May 31, 2013 8:04 am

Regarding point 1: Is there an internal log or trace file or any other diagnostic tool that I can use to help?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:34 am

There's no internal log or diagnostic tool. In any case, if you right-click the first occurrence in a series, the "Delete series" and "Delete this occurrence and all that follow" commands are redundant. I'll fix the next version so only "Delete series" will be shown in this case.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:49 am

- Is this a bug?
Version 11.0 will no longer provide an option to delete the selected occurrence and all that follow when the selected occurrence is the first in the recurring series. Functionally, this is the same as deleting the entire series, so the extra option doesn't make sense.
2) When I create a recurring event, the event count (in the status bar) increments (+1). Then, when I delete All the event occurrences individually the event count does not decrement.
This has also been corrected in version 11.0.

Version 11.0 is currently being beta tested. If you'd like an early look, the beta is available here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... f=5&t=1263
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Zebo777

Post by Zebo777 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:25 pm

I just tested 11.0 Beta 1 and the following scenario is still not working properly:

1) Delete event #1 of a recurring event - the options are now correct, as you stated.

2) Delete event #1 again (this is the event that used to be #2 before the original #1 was deleted) - the delete options still show an option to "delete this and all events that follow" and an option to delete the entire series.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Thank you for the feedback. I've fixed #2 for the official 11.0 release. I'll post another reply when it's ready.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Zebo777

Post by Zebo777 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:15 pm

BTW. There is another scenario which you may want to consider. Here is an example:
1) Create a recurring event for day 22 (#1), day 24 (#2), and day 26 (#3).
2) Move event for day 26 (#3) to day 20

Now the original occurrence #3 is earlier than the original #1.
Does VueMinder renumber the occurrences?

3) Delete occurrence for day 20. (Original #3, now #1)

What will happen here?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:19 pm

If a later occurrence is moved before the first occurrence, the occurrence numbering will become confused. Most likely, you'll see an occurrence number of #1 on both the first and second occurrence. I'll let you know when this problem is fixed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder