Pasting Information into Event

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Langsey

Pasting Information into Event

Post by Langsey » Mon May 06, 2013 11:57 am

I am not able to paste into description section of new event window. I have tried to copy info from a web site and also from an email and paste it to the new event window under description. I was able to previously. I now have to enter the info manually. Thanks in advance.
John :cry:

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Pasting Information into Event

Post by VueSoft » Mon May 06, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi John, are you using the latest version (10.1.9)? You can update using the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu. I'm able to copy and paste web and email content into events without any problem, so I'm not sure what is causing the behavior you're seeing. Maybe updating to the latest version will fix it.

If you're still seeing the problem in 10.1.9, how are you pasting? Are you using Ctrl+V, the right-click "Paste" command, or the "Paste" button in the editor toolbar? Do you see the same problem using all of these methods?

Can you point me to an example website whose content doesn't paste properly? Have you tried copying and pasting from other websites? Maybe there's something different about the content that you're attempting to copy/paste, versus what worked previously?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Langsey

Post by Langsey » Tue May 07, 2013 12:55 pm

Dan,
I am using the current version. That was the first thing I checked. This is strange. I use the right click method to copy and paste all the time. This method works fine on my laptop. It does not work on my desktop. I can right click paste the info into a office document with no problem. I tried the ctl-v method and it does paste into the new event window. I right clicked to copy. For some reason the right click paste method does not work on the desktop vueminder. I was pasting hotel conf info from Best Western. Thanks.
John

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue May 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi John, it's weird you're seeing it work on one computer but not another. I apologize for the inconvenience and will post a reply if I figure out what is causing the discrepancy.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Langsey

Post by Langsey » Tue May 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Thanks Dan, it must be a corrupt file. I can't think of anything else. Not computer savy enough to find it.
John