Display Order

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Zebo777

Display Order

Post by Zebo777 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:01 pm

Is there a way to change the display order of events?

For example: I have 3 calendars ( My Calendar, Canadian Holidays, and US Holidays). On Nov 14, 2013 I have 3 all day events - "My Private Thing" (My Calendar), "Thanksgiving" (Canada), and "Columbus Day" (US).

These events seem to appear, in all views (Day, Week, Month), in the order in which they were created.

I would like to see them in the order of the Calendar to which they belong. So, I would see then in the following order: Canadian Holiday, US Holiday, My Calendar.

Is there a way to accomplish this, short of re-creating the calendars in the order that I would like to see them appear?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Display Order

Post by VueSoft » Fri May 03, 2013 11:50 pm

Hi Zebo777, unfortunately there's no way to change the display order, which is based on the order the events were added. You'd need to delete and re-add the calendars in the desired order.

I'm planning to improve VueMinder to provide an option for changing the event order. I'll post a reply when this improvement is completed. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Zebo777

Post by Zebo777 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:09 am

Hi Dan.
Is this improvement going to be included in 10.2?
I am about to delete and re-add my calendars so that the events line up in the order that I would like to see them. It would save me a lot of time, not to mention the possibility of errors, if this feature was available.

Can you suggest an easy and error free method of doing the above?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi Zebo777, unfortunately the display order improvement won't be in 10.2.

In the meantime, you could export your calendars to ICS files by using the "Export Events" command on the File menu. Make sure to check the boxes to include reminders and colors. After exporting the calendars, delete them from VueMinder and then import the ICS files in the order you want to see the events. This is probably the easiest method and shouldn't cause any errors.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA