Two versions of Outlook running

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
plp

Two versions of Outlook running

Post by plp » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:07 pm

For the last month When Vueminder Pro 10.1.9 is loaded with Outlook 2013 calendar in memory (after about 2 or 3 hours), I receive the following error "Sorry, we're having trouble starting Outlook. Only one version of Outlook can run at a time. Check to see if another version of Outlook is running, or try restarting your computer". I am unable to close Outlook even after I close Vueminder and then I use Process Explorer to kill Outlook. I have tried starting Outlook 1st or starting Vueminder 1st but nothing helps. I am not using any other software connected to Outlook except a Onenote addin which I have always used and I have Windows 8 pro. Appreciate any help with this problem as I purchased Vueminder because it worked with Outlook.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Two versions of Outlook running

Post by VueSoft » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi plp, welcome to the forums. I haven't seen this error on my Windows 8 test computers using Outlook 2013, so I'm not sure what is causing it. You might be able to work around the problem by changing the Outlook sync frequency in the Calendar Properties. Try a larger sync interval, or change it to "Never" (you can manually sync by pressing F5). Do you see any improvement after doing that?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

plp

Post by plp » Wed May 01, 2013 12:20 pm

It is set to sync 1 per day. I tried your suggestion to sync manually and Vueminder opened a 2nd Outlook in the taskbar, even though Outlook was already running and that is when I get the error message when I try to open or close this one in the taskbar. I am able to open the Outlook I started but it just hangs and I have to close it completely and restart it. I now see that it is definitely a sync problem but it just started happening in the last month or so.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed May 01, 2013 10:47 pm

Was it working correctly before? Nothing has changed in VueMinder regarding how Outlook syncing works, so maybe there's something going on with your computer. It's possible re-installing or repairing Outlook will fix it. Also, try disabling your add-ins to see if that makes any difference.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

plp

Post by plp » Fri May 03, 2013 6:12 pm

The Onenote addin in Outlook did cause a problem with another software and previously I did a Outlook repair per your suggestion, when I was having problems with duplicate items and Vueminder not recognizing or updating changed appointments from the Outlook calendar. I have set Vueminder to synch 1-way from Outlook because it still sometimes just duplicates appointments and does not recognize changed appointments. I work around this by deleting the appointments in vueminder first. If nothing else works I will try a reinstall of Outlook but Outlook 2013 limits the number of allowed reinstalls.

plp

Post by plp » Thu May 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Okay the double Outlook problem is fixed, now when I sync manually there is only 1 instance of Outlook running still after 4 hours. But I still have sync problems, I have set up Vueminder to sync 1-way from Outlook which I now do manually but Vueminder is not picking up the changes. I have to manually delete and/or change appointments in, Vueminder, that have been deleted or changed in Outlook. I purchased Vueminder mainly because it was supposed to sync with Outlook and it did with Outlook 2010 but problems with Outlook 2013. I have tested Outlook with my previous calendar program and the sync works perfectly but it does not have the features I like in Vueminder.

Do you think an uninstall and reinstall with new calendar would fix the problem :?:

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu May 30, 2013 11:14 pm

Have you tried 2-way syncing? Does that fix the problem?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

plp

Post by plp » Fri May 31, 2013 8:52 am

No I have not tried 2-way syncing again, because before it would just duplicate the updated appointments and replace the deleted appointment's in Outlook instead of recognizing the changes so I would just have multiple and replaced deleted appointments in Outlook. Okay I tried 2-way syncing and now have all the appointments that I deleted and/or updated back in Outlook again. Any other suggestions would be appreciated because this problem is really bugging me :evil: