My calender disapeared

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
kjell@forssen.nu

My calender disapeared

Post by kjell@forssen.nu » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi
When testing to identify wich program that was using Outlook it seems that my Vue Minder data is lost. When I recover the backup the Vue Minder-calender is back for a few seconds then it disappears again . Only the Holiday calender is shown. I removed and reinstalled the program but it is still the same. Is it possible that Google or Outlook is synchronising (they also are without data) so that the Vue minder backup is removed?
In that case what shall I do to stop it? :(
Regards
Kjell

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: My calender disapeared

Post by VueSoft » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:18 am

Hi Kjell, welcome to the forums. If the Google or Outlook calendar that VueMinder is syncing with doesn't have any events, VueMinder will think the events have been deleted and need to be removed from VueMinder when the calendar syncs. That's probably why the events disappear after restoring from the backup.

To fix the problem you'll need to disable syncing with Outlook or Google Calendar and then re-enable syncing (if desired). After restoring from the backup, open the Calendar Properties and uncheck the boxes at the top of the Outlook and/or Google Calendar tabs. Try to do this quickly, before VueMinder has a chance to sync. If you can't do it fast enough, try disconnecting from the internet, which will prevent syncing until you've disabled the syncing.

After disabling the syncing, you can re-enable syncing. VueMinder will send the events to Outlook or Google Calendar. I'm not sure what happened in Outlook or Google Calendar to cause the events to be removed in the first place, but when you re-enable syncing of a calendar, VueMinder will update the external calendar (or create a new calendar) to match what is in VueMinder.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix it or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

kjell@forssen.nu

Re: My calender disapeared

Post by kjell@forssen.nu » Fri May 03, 2013 9:30 am

Hi
Problem solved through:
1. Disconnect from internet
2. Recover backup
3. Set Vue Minder sync one way to Google calender
4. Connect to internet and sync to Google.
5. Check Google calender for correct data.
6. Set Vue Minder sync to 2-way sync.